PDA

View Full Version : I think I have Bowens disease

imfineokay
02-07-15, 03:40
I am 17 and I am 95 percent sure I have it. I have an itchy red and sore patch near my genital area and its been there for 3 years. Im going to the doctor about it tommorow but im petrified that it could be cancer. I am godamn scared right now... any reassuring advice anyone could give me?

Gary A
02-07-15, 11:03
Bowens disease is pretty much the most curable cancer there is. In fact, it only ever invades other layers of skin in 3% of cases, and that's in people who neglect the affected area for years and don't see a doctor.

It's unlikely to actually be Bowens disease, there are far far more common causes. It could be a slight patch of psoriasis, a fungal infection which are actually very common in the area you're referring to, it could even be dry skin. Just because it's been there a long time doesn't mean the worst, it could just need a simple treatment like a cream or gel.

Don't fret, it's unlikely in the extreme to actually be Bowens disease, but even if (a very big "if") it is, then that itself is very easily cured anyway.

imfineokay
02-07-15, 19:29
Thanks for replying mate, and yeah I went in and the doctor said it was eczema straight away from looking at it. I was given healing cream but im still anxious if it doesn't go and itnturns out to be that. Is the disease only potentially fatal in 3 percent of cases then?

Fishmanpa
02-07-15, 19:35
So this wasn't a sore at all then... Just some run of the mill eczema. Use the cream and it will heal on up!

Positive thoughts

imfineokay
02-07-15, 20:25
I think the soreness comes from me scratching it, but yeah he said its eczema :)

Gary A
02-07-15, 22:15
If the doctor said its eczema then it's eczema. Put the idea of skin cancer out of your head, doctors know what eczema looks like, it's one of the most common skin conditions out there.

imfineokay
02-07-15, 22:28
Ok, I will calm down now. Thanks so much for the support I really appreciate it. Btw final question is Psoriasis dangerous? I know its eczema but I was just wondering.