PDA

View Full Version : Extopic hope!

snoopy
31-01-07, 19:40
Hi to every one with ectopics, palps, etc. There is hope! mine have gone, gone completely.

I have suffered with them for over a year since having anxiety. And at one stage they were so bad I felt suicidal!!! I purchased the Linden Method, and the Dr Claire Weekes books and I'm cured. It took a while, but I lost the second fear. and now they have gone...

Yours will go too if you believe they are just anxiety, and let time pass...

Snoopy x

ceecee
31-01-07, 19:52
well done snoopy
thats great it just goes to show how powerful our minds are!!!!!!!
take care
rach x

kilvosa
31-01-07, 21:33
nice one cant wait till mine go .
Take care
Anne xx

rosebud
31-01-07, 22:54
Well done you.
Mine have plagued me for nearly a year now and too have felt suicidal at times.
I need to lose that second fear and am really working on it.
I am so pleased for you.
Take care.
Traceyxxx

angie3077
01-02-07, 08:58
Hi, I am really pleased for you that yours have gone. You are so brave saying that too....I would never say anything for the fear of tempting fate! lol.....just another thing with my anxiety. I hope mine go too....been VERY bad lately!

Angie

snoopy
01-02-07, 10:52
Thanks guys,

I still get the odd one, but i don't feel them any more, just get a tiny tingle in my chest which i compeatly ignore, and have to question if it was one at all. My brain/mind has stoped waiting for them, feeling them, being terrified of them. Because at one stage i thought they would never go. My gp even said i've got to learn to live with them. Which i was not prepared to do... It was the dr c Weekes books that really done it for me.

Have you all got them? [:o)]

Snoopy x

angie3077
01-02-07, 13:37
Hi, yes I have a Dr Claire Weekes book titled self help for your nerves, is that the one. Your posts are very positive and really give us hope....thank you so much

Angie

lin
06-02-07, 11:02
Hi Snoopy

Glad to read they have gone, i wish mine would go had them for 6yrs now and no sign of lettting up.

I must get that Dr Claire Weekes book to see if it will work for me.

linda x

snoopy
06-02-07, 19:58
Thanks angie and lin,

I have two of the Claire Weekes books,tilted self help for your nerves and essential help for your nerves. It was the , letting time pass bit that REALLY!!! made sense to me and it worked. They eptopics were soo bad at one stage it was every other beat i had one for months and months...

Good luck

Snoopy x

spuds
06-02-07, 20:03
I definitely recommend the Claire Weekes book. When I am having a hard time I keep it at the side of my bed and bring it downstairs in the morning. I have also been very reassured by support and advice from a Palpitations forum (used to be resonance.com forum). I have printed off things that help me and made a folder of stuff - when I'm anxious I read through it.

This is the Claire Weekes book at WH Smiths:
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/whs/go.asp?ISBN=0722531559&DB=220&Menu=Books

This is the heart forum:

http://rlr.qersys.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

In particular, I am reassured by comments posted by a heart doctor on that forum in which he says that in 40 years he has never seen a case where benign palpitation/ectopics etc. have led to a cardiac event (eg heart attack). He also seems to say that if the basic structure of your heart is okay (an ecg would be able to tell you this I guess) then the ectopics/palpitations cannot harm you, however unpleasant they are. Best wishes.

edit: Sorry - just a correction, RLR is a neurologist not a cardiologist - he certainly knows a lot about how the nervous system affects the heart.

Stu M
08-02-07, 12:49
Hi Spuds, I have used RLR's expertise in the past and can fully recommend people use his experience [^]

Hi Snoopy, Youve mentioned the Claire Weekes books to me in the past, and I have finaly taken your advice and ordered them. Im so glad they have helped you and that your ectopics are diminishing, great news !!!!! :D

Hope to speak soon, Thanks for your help.

Stu

shaz01
09-02-07, 17:05
Hi everyone,

I am interested in what you say about this book - Claire Weekes? I must give it a try if its going to help. Mines calmed down last year for a few months but since December they are back and they are driving me demented. Had some erratic beats at work today and off course now Im feeling anxious, and typical its the weekend, does anyone else get worse when they are not at work?? I suppose its down to the fact that we are alot more relaxed at weekends and our minds are not as occupied.

Shaz x