PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

steve1978
31-01-07, 20:33
Hi all my names steve, this is my first time on this site and my first real steps at making a serious start to over coming my problems. My story is a long long long one but in short I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety attacks on and off from aged 15 to now aged 28. Ive spent the last 15 years unable to travel more than 50 miles from my home, unable to sit in school classes and now work meetings, unable to go in lifts,avoid moterways, go into a crazy scary world of panic and anxiety when my parents ( my safe people ) travel away on holiday. I have now been living with my partner for 5 years we have a three yr old little girl who is amazing but I have huge guilt that i cant take them on holiday I dont want to deprive them of enjoying the world and these guilt feelings bring on anxiety and panic. Im so so tired of fighting my head, fighting to keep panic at bay. Ive just got my first PC (jan 07) and was amazed when I found this site I hope I can find help and strength out there -

weepinky
31-01-07, 20:38
Hi Steve and a big warm welcome to nmp, I'm sure you will find this a great support system in overcoming your anxieties, just read the success section........ it CAN be done!!!!

Take Care

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

steve1978
31-01-07, 20:39
thanks for the welcome pinky. will take a look at the success section now.

normalwisdom
31-01-07, 20:43
Welcome steve I hope you find the help you need here as pinky says there is hope I have done it so can you:D

Take care

Steph

belle
31-01-07, 20:52
Hi Steve...
I'm sure you'll get all the support you need here :)

SarahC

honeybee3939
31-01-07, 20:53
Hi Steve

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
31-01-07, 21:07
Steve

Hi there and a warm welcome aboard.

Lovely to see you here and you will get loads of support and advice.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

trac67
31-01-07, 21:31
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

manmoor
31-01-07, 21:37
Hi Steve,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

sweetpea
31-01-07, 22:56
Hi Steve, I'm a newbie too. I've had panic attacks on and off too for the last 15 years and now I'm really trying to deal with them. I think it's different for everyone but I've made a list of some small steps (for me it's enclosed spaces) - a short bus journey with a friend, a short bus journey on my own, a short train journey etc etc. So far 2 journeys have gone well and 2 not so! I'm just going to stay positive and determined that soon I'll be able to feel my fear and get on with my life without asking 'what if' all the time.

Wishing you all the best with your first steps.
s.x

sal
31-01-07, 23:31
Hi Steve

So pleased you have joined us and we will help you all we can. You will get lots of great advice, support and help.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

steve1978
01-02-07, 19:43
A HUGE thankyou to you all for such a warm and comforting welcome. It comforts me to be chatting with people the same as myself and to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. 15 years of thinking im the only one, im going mad and people (gp's etc) not really knowing what is going on im my head has been a major strain. To know I can chat to you guys and that you will know where im coming from is priceless.

sal
02-02-07, 00:08
Steve you can always talk to us and we understand. You are not letting anyone down mate at all and we are all here for you.

Give yourself justice at how well you have coped and are still doing so.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".