PDA

View Full Version : The story so far

NoPoet
02-07-15, 18:31
Hi all,

I've made drastic improvements over the last couple of months since starting atomoxetine (strattera) for ADHD/asperger syndrome. The war isn't over by a long stretch, as I'm re-training myself after 36 years of bad experiences and misdiagnoses, which is taking time. I'm generally working alone as I no longer seem to need much therapy or support.

In the meantime, I have submitted samples of my writing to a publishing house, and am applying for position of fiction writer with the Games Workshop.

I've started dating again, and my relationships with friends and colleagues have massively improved.

I've started singing lessons.

I'm going to heavily remaster the Citalopram Survival Guide (at last, it's been obsolete for years) and sell the re-titled version on Amazon. The original will always be free on NMP and may get some sneaky edits to update it slightly.

Due to requests over the years on NMP, I may also offer some kind of paid talking service to people via my own website, although this will not be therapy - it's more like offering emotional support and creating MP3s and other documents as needed, and researching. (I've actually got a customer but I'm not advertising for more yet!)

This is after TEN WEEKS on the correct medication.

So there's hope out there, everyone - the worst situations can be turned around.

MyNameIsTerry
06-07-15, 04:57
Welcome back NoPoet. Good to hear you are doing well.

It really is a shame that you have had to go through all those years when one diagnosis could have changed your life drastically.

So, when is X-Factor coming then? :D