PDA

View Full Version : out of my comfort zone big time

gregcool
02-07-15, 19:17
Tomorow i have got to drive to eastbourn..i havnt been there for years.i hate the motorway and long distance driving..plus im scared there may be bridges or tunnels on the way..when im down there i have got to drive around a bit to..its only for a day.bit of work but thats it..any advice..i hate the unknown and being so far away from.home..this is huge to me

Crystalhiggs
02-07-15, 20:45
Greg you did it last week and you can do it tomorrow! Remember how anxious you were last time and how well it all worked out! You can do this and you'll be so proud of yourself this time tomorrow!!! :)

Davit
02-07-15, 20:46
Visualization works very good for bridges and tunnels. Some times I think Harry Potter and I'm on a broom going through them. Makes a good distraction. Visualizing you are UPS makes driving around easier for me. I do not like cities and avoid them.

Mart0310
02-07-15, 21:29
One trick I always found worked well for me was music, putting together a play list of my fav tunes, particularly those with happy confident memories attached worked wonders for me in short term fix situations.

Play it loud, and sing like nobody is listening :roflmao:

Annie0904
02-07-15, 21:59
All great suggestions here Greg :) You can do this...be positive. Okay if you want to avoid the QE bridge and Dartford tunnel go the way that takes you past Heathrow Airport and you will avoid those. Main route M25 past Heathrow, M23 past Gatwick then onto Eastbourne and buy yourself a nice ice cream there for doing so well.

gregcool
02-07-15, 22:34
Well i feel very angry and dissapointed with myself.iv bottled it and rang saying i cant do it now...the location was right in the middle of a forest near eastborn..i just couldnt do it.the more i looked at the map the more my fear built up.i think its a step to far to soon..gutted.my phobias got the better of me this time

Annie0904
02-07-15, 22:45
Don't beat yourself up over it Greg, it would have been a long journey for you so maybe if you can get used to shorter ones first.

gregcool
02-07-15, 23:11
Yep my thoughts annie.i need to build upto long drives.im still gutted tho.could have earned some money to..

Davit
02-07-15, 23:42
So now that you don't have to, how about you get in the car and see how far you can get. I bet you get farther than you think.

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-15, 07:19
I'm sorry to hear about it, Greg.

Sometimes we try to weigh up how we feel now vs. how we will feel doing it vs. how bad we will feel about not going through with it...but, its hard to face fears, really hard. You have faced some and thats an achievement.

Look on this as a lesson learnt. You did things before and managed. You couldn't try this as it was a much bigger step. So, what do we do in ERP when this happens? As Annie says, we look to go back a step or create another rung on the ladder, a stepping stone as Davit is saying.

gregcool
03-07-15, 10:22
Thanks guys for the suport..today i feel quite depressed knowing the job for today got the better of me,and this job is the kind of work where you have to goto different locations all day by post code...which could always be anywhere esp accross the water by bridge or tunnel,so that is constantly in the back of my mind all day and spoiling the day and the job.i never used to have these fears years ago worying about bridges tunnels and long distance driving...i think this will stop me doing this job,unless this theropist can sort me out that im seeing next week