PDA

View Full Version : Tough Day!

Mart0310
02-07-15, 21:40
My GP told me that I didnt really need the CT Scan given that I hadnt had any vision problems in excess of 3 months, so I was all set to cancel, then as it got closer to the appointment date, the 'what ifs' crept in - despite two GPs telling me I didnt need it.

Today I took the bull by the horns and made it to the scan, I have to say it was hurrendous, Anxiety and panic peaking! The irony being, the scan couldnt have been easier, literally 3 minutes in and out.

Jelly legs, serious jelly legs, quite how I walked out Im not sure LOL! At least that bit is over now, just the results to wait for

Davit
02-07-15, 21:46
Just a tip. If you have a time like that where it proves okay, stay in the waiting room after a bit to reinforce the positive that it was okay. Leaving too fast leaves a blank spot you fill in with negative.

Mart0310
02-07-15, 22:16
That is absolutely true, my reaction was to escape as quickly as I could, it was only once I got outside and had started to calm down that I realised the only truly difficult thing today was the anxious thoughts - The imagination of what it might be like didnt compare with the reality. There were no clunky old machines and no feeling of being trapped! The staff were very understanding it has to be said! :D