PDA

View Full Version : please please help.

mark78
02-07-15, 23:40
hi all please i really feel the need to chat with someone. i badly need to get some stuff off my mind feeling so low and anxious and tormented.:weep::weep::weep:

Mart0310
03-07-15, 00:03
Whats up Mark?

mark78
03-07-15, 00:10
hi mart0310 oh im just fed up right now feeling very depressed and anxious and out of touch with reality feeling scared of the future.

Mart0310
03-07-15, 00:15
Its difficult I know, but try to think of the out of touch feeling as protective, its really just your bodys attempt to give you some rest.

Remember Anxiety isnt forever, it will get better, you will feel 'normal' again

mark78
03-07-15, 00:21
thanks for the positive words bud but its been so long since i felt normal its beyond a joke.:unsure:

Mart0310
03-07-15, 00:23
How long have you been experiencing Anxiety? What steps have you taken towards recovery, have you tried CBT?

mark78
03-07-15, 00:34
ive been experiencing anxiety for a good few years now i was seeing a therapist for a few years but felt i wasint getting any where fast so i just stoped more fool me havint tryed cbt but it is someting i am tinking strongly about i have to take some action ive let it go on way to long wasted to much of life like this.

Mart0310
03-07-15, 00:39
I would strongly recommend CBT, I had Anxiety for 10 years, I reached a point where I thought enough is enough and tried CBT with a private counsellor. It was the best thing I ever did, within a short time I was feeling so much better.

I did relapse at the beginning of the year following a health problem, Im back using CBT again and getting there.

Its a tough process but with great results :yesyes:

mark78
03-07-15, 01:07
sorry to hear you had health problem. ive been putting off for years purely out of fear but like your self i starting to tink enough is enough im trying so hard to bulid the courage to take that important step.

Mart0310
03-07-15, 07:07
Well done for considering CBT thats the first step on a very positive road. The beauty of CBT is that it grows with your confidence. The beginning will be very much small 'baby steps', before you know it you will be brave enough to take giant steps ;)

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-15, 07:13
Mark,

There are online couses too, known as CCBT. So, you could always have a read through them and see if there is anything you can try. This may be hard at first and it may need a therapist to guide you, but its an option.

If you need to get things out, have you tried journalling? Some people find this helps them. Its not something I've done but I have had times where just writing something down helps because it has then become part of the physical and my mind seems to stop bouncing it around. At the least, it can sometimes be a subtle form of distraction.

Poppy Girl
05-07-15, 23:13
There's also an online CBT resource. The website is called Livinglifetothefull - my doctor recommended it and it's pretty good. Not quite the same as talking to someone but there are exercises to do which give food for thought.
Hope you start to feel better soon x