PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack or low blood sugar?

Illuminati
03-07-15, 12:07
Im trying to distinguish between the two. Heres what happened. I was jogging and seen some people in the distance and starting to feel spaced out and lightheaded. I immediately stopped and sat down trying to calm myself and started to get pins and needles in my hands. I walked behind some houses where noone was and as quick as it came on it started to fade a bit with slow breathing etc

Around 10 minutes later i got a sudden urge to eat sugar and ate some cake. The rest of the night i was fine.

Today isnt like any other day after an attack. Normally i would be tired etc but im feeling ok. Just a little on edge and worried it might come back and ive found myself heading to the dreaded Dr Google. Whats peoples opinions?

sial72
03-07-15, 12:47
Maybe it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other?
Maybe your sugar level dropped a bit and automatically got panicky about it.
I would not worry too much about it and just always take something to nibble on x

Frenchy
03-07-15, 14:25
Yep, could very well be your blood sugar dipping a bit low.

I am on Beta Blockers which can very occasionally make my blood sugar drop a bit. That often makes me feel a little "spacey" and almost weak/hollow feeling and I also find myself really craving sugar when it happens.

PS. that does not necessarily indicate diabetes or anything sinister. Many things can cause blood sugar to dip in healthy people - exercise being one of them. And if your body is low on an easily/quickly accessible sugar source you may feel the effects of mild hypoglycemia for a while after during/after exercise.

Davit
04-07-15, 00:29
Sounds like candida in your blood stream.

MyNameIsTerry
06-07-15, 00:20
sounds like low blood sugar to me but could be panic attack I am on the same boat as you, I have been battling anxiety and panic attacks since I was about 14, so almost 10 years! Sometimes I think it would be best to just give up and die but I know its not the correct answer. It has been almost a month since my last panic attack and I used to have them almost every day!

There are a few exercises you can use to help control the panic and anxiety, they have helped out tremendously for me. They do not cure you by any means but it does help.

Take a look at <removed>

its a good read :) hope I was helpful and remember that you are not alone.

Hello Snoopy Drew,

Back to sell your products again are you?

How many times have you been banned for it now? 6 times?

No doubt we will see you back again with another username soon given your lack of morals. Trying to take advantage of the vulnerable for the price of $59.99.

:busted::nicked: & :finger: