PDA

View Full Version : Poem: Hamster Wheel

mezzaninedoor
03-07-15, 17:25
I wrote this the other day and thought I would share ....

Christmas came and Christmas went
Frantically in the new year the money was spent
Mind was buzzing and ideas flying
Working hard and kept on trying

Never sleeping baggy eyed
Keep on Keeping on then I slide
Anxious mornings, noon and night
Lower and Lower, i have no fight

Prickles on skin every minute
If theres a disaster I'm there in it
Thoughts of failure energy low
Trying to self help and reach some goals

Mindfulness, NLP and CBT
I can see the science, the problem is me
Repeating my mistakes, hard to feel
You make any progress on this Hamster Wheel

blue moon
03-07-15, 23:24
Your poem brings back memories of Bill's beautiful poems:D
Have you got more?would love to read them,I love poetry.

Petra x

Davit
03-07-15, 23:37
I like this

blue moon
04-07-15, 00:23
Do you write poetry Davit?:D

Davit
04-07-15, 01:41
No, I write short storeys about life in northern Saskatchewan, some about my native cree friends. I lived among them. I lived in a one room cabin and traveled as they did, by dog team. I like poetry when I can understand it, some I can't. It was a stress free but hard life, nothing like your experiences I would guess. But I don't know. Do you write? I bet you have things to say that people would want to know.

blue moon
04-07-15, 03:00
I would love to travel across country by dog sled,I have alway's wanted to go to Alaska and Canada î love the beauty and landscape.I have watcbed a lot of documentries on both places,maybe one day I will get there,as I said to my husband î am putting it on my bucket list.
I try to write poems but really not that well.I have started to write my life story,I started ît when we first arrived in Aus,î hope to finish it before my memory goes,I have a friend who is helping me along the way.
Living with the Cree would have been wonderful,I have stayed in a yurt în Morrocco and could easily live like that,to hunt and gather one's food î like that back to basics .

Davit
04-07-15, 05:35
In summer I traveled with one dog pulling a bicycle, I peddled on the hills and it was only five miles and never when it was hot.

Your book is going to be terrific. All we get here is a biased view and I know it. So I don't watch it because I don't know what I can believe.

Imagine this, (dogs can feel the trail with their feet) Pitch black, so black you can't see the dogs, only hear the bells on their harness. All you can see is a million stars and under the bells is the sound of the runners on the snow sounding like sand paper on wood. You run on the hills to give them a break, and you get runners high. Your mind is so clear, all the cob webs are flushed out. Dogs are nocturnal. They run hard at night and they were fed and watered hours ago. All they want to do is run. It is less than twenty miles an hour but feels so fast. Swish swish go the runners, it is so quiet and too soon it is over. Give each dog a hug and a thank you and go to bed. For this they will love you for ever. And how can you not love them they just gave you their all to be part of you. You have to be careful, they will run themselves to death for you.

mezzaninedoor
14-07-15, 20:07
Wow, you all sound incredibly creative and imaginative

I try to write poetry as a cartharsis, my life is very dull compared to yours

mezzaninedoor
20-07-15, 15:13
Petra, Davit

Let me know if you think the other poems are cr4p / okay

Tony