PDA

View Full Version : Hello, you are a blessing!

Cupofpoison
31-01-07, 23:16
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member as of today. Anxiety problems run in my family, especially on the female side, and several members of my family are taking medications for it and seeing counselors. My significant other also suffers from a lot of anxiety problems. We dream of one day sharing this world without living in fear all the time, and without the assistance of medication, if that can be avoided.

I never thought I would find people out there like myself. I have a profound fear of cancer and I'm only 22. Everything seems to suggest I'm going to get cancer, even though all rational, medical and historical evidence says this is completely ridiculous for me to think. Nevertheless, I am so scared and have convinced myself I am going to die young of it. I would like to reverse these negative thoughts with positive and healthy ones. Maybe with your help. =)

Also, I am an alien to my own body. I don't know what's healthy or normal. I was sexually harassed over the telephone when I was about twelve, when a lot of other stressful changes were going on in my life. No one in my family knew quite what to do, so we just buried it. I have learned now that this is the root of a lot of my present problems. With perseverence, a positive attitude, and a reliance on those I love as well as blessed strangers like you, I hope to one day change this. I want to be happy and healthy, and to know myself in all my varied facets.

Thank you so much - being a member of this forum is going to be so very nice.

Love and best wishes,

- Jamberry

Don't let life get the best of you; instead, give life your best.

sal
31-01-07, 23:30
Hi Hun

Totally appreciate how you feel and we are all here to help you and welcome you on board.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

manmoor
01-02-07, 10:56
Hi Jamberry,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

weepinky
01-02-07, 11:14
Hi Jamberry and a big warm welcome to you hun[^] Im sure you will find everyone here most supportive in your recover.

Love Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

honeybee3939
01-02-07, 12:37
Hi Jamberry

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while a making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first step pages also Jamberry you may find them of interest.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

trac67
01-02-07, 13:06
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

Richizzle
01-02-07, 17:58
Hello: I hope you find this websie as useful as i do. There are really a lot of very helpful people here to turn to for support.
Good Luck!

Richelle

nomorepanic
01-02-07, 17:59
Hi Jamberry

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel