PDA

View Full Version : Severe lower right back pain and in groin. Scared!

Rls1994
04-07-15, 05:29
I had the worst night ever last night as I was kept awake until around 1:30 AM with excrutiating pain in the lower right of my back/hips. It was scary because it started out of nowhere. The pain wasn't gradual - it started severely straight away and lasted almost 5 hours. I put a hot water bottle on it which helped a little bit and when I was laying on my front, the pain radiated to my lower abdomen/groin area. Along with the pain, I felt hot, nauseous, and fatigued. I had never experienced pain so bad in all my life.

I knew something was off because I had a weird on and off pain in my groin for a whole day before I got the pain in my back.

I haven't had the back pain for nearly 4 hours now but I'm getting that weird on and off pain in my groin again and I'm absolutely petrified that it's going to strike again any moment now.

Should I go to A&E? I couldn't go last night because I wouldn't have been able to afford a taxi home or call somebody to pick me up. (I live 11 miles away from the hospital).

Also, what do you think this could be? I'm scared it's cancer or something serious. Please help!

---------- Post added at 05:23 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

I'm 20-years-old, by the way.

Natasha006
04-07-15, 05:33
Hey. You definitely need to get that checked out. 100%.
It could be a cyst that has ruptured.
Its nothing major. You dont have cancer but you should know if they are fibroids or not because this pain could happen again.

lyndau63
04-07-15, 12:12
yes get it checked and good luck.

Rls1994
04-07-15, 13:32
Thanks, guys.

My parents told me to wait and see if it starts again and promised they'd get me to the doctors if it does.

It's been 12 hours exactly and I've been fine. The pain in my groin is barely there now.