PDA

View Full Version : Closing a recent Thread

ricardo
04-07-15, 12:01
Venus

What purpose is there in closing this thread just now . It doesn't resolve any thing as it will start up again somewhere else.

I would much rather if you were more authoritive and explaining yet again to individuals, including me what is allowed and what isn't.

To be honest I have had enough of being questioned about the validity of every post I write, my illness or anything else, but above all the way I and several others are spoken to, which wouldn't be allowed on a social network forum let alone an anxiety forum.

Much firmer action has to be taken by Admin otherwise it will all start up again, driven by one man every time, who is leaving NMP one minute and then is back the next. (His words not mine)

Sam123
04-07-15, 12:15
But It has just started up again now, with this post ricardo. You could have contacted admin privately? That thread was going well i agree.

Again stating that all this is down to one person in my opinion is totally unfair. You have to acknowledge all of the bad things that were said by all parties. It's clear that i am close to Dave, but this isn't about that for me it's about this forum and i understand that everyone has had enough, and everyone feels that they have been insulted in one way or another.

Can we not just empathize and forgive?

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

I will apologize if anything i have said has caused distress, and if i did say anything that i thought was nasty to another person i would definitely acknowledge that even if i felt i was defending myself. As it will go round in circles as it is doing.

Sometimes it helps if we can put ourselves in another's shoe's, we are all human and all have the capability of being hurt, angry, upset. We all make mistakes.

ricardo
04-07-15, 12:26
Sam

I did contact admin privately but got no response.

I accept you are close to Davit and at the same time it is admirable that you can speak to me in a civilised tone which for some reason he cannot do.

I pick him out, as at every opportunity he has a swipe at me purely because he doesn't like people to question him.

I most probably have as much anxiety and ill health as anyone on here and ask venus if you don't believe me, but why should this all come to this.

Your friend questions what I say nearly every time I post yet admin do absolutely nothing.

Anyway I appreciate your response.

Sam123
04-07-15, 12:30
Apologies i assumed you did not contact them, my bad.

Do you think now that there is no way you and Davit could resolve this privately? Just you both and nobody else commenting. Maybe you could, and may benefit from it. I don't know.

I hope some good can come from it all anyway

ricardo
04-07-15, 13:05
Apologies i assumed you did not contact them, my bad.

Do you think now that there is no way you and Davit could resolve this privately? Just you both and nobody else commenting. Maybe you could, and may benefit from it. I don't know.

I hope some good can come from it all anyway

I know you mean well Sam but it will never happen as I don't really know who I am dealing with as he changes his mind on an hourly basis, just read his threads, therefore as far as I am converned there is no benefit to me at all.
I need to keep the heart stress free as much as possible :) but thanks for the offer.

I think the only way this will die down forever is that neither of us either speak to one another or mention one another in any post we write or respond to. it might be difficult but I can't think of any other solution.

He won't change as a person and I would continue to defend myself from his attacks.if he agrees so will I.

nomorepanic
04-07-15, 14:02
I have just spent over an hour reading threads on here to try and work out what on earth is going on! I have told Emmz (venus) to step back from it for a bit as she is getting upset and stressed by it all. She has a family BBQ this afternoon which I was temped to go to as well.

Pipkin is out today house-hunting and I am trying to study for an on-line course I am doing.

We do not have all the answers as to how to solve this but how can we keep up and get on top of it when there are digs at each other all over the forum on various threads and not just a couple!

We thought that everyone on here were adults and would sort it out like adults but all that seems to be happening is people carry on bickering at each other then blame the admins for not sorting it out! It is not all the admins fault and I am not demanding that they be on here all day when they volunteer for free anyway and have other things to do.

I am sorry we don't have more admins but that is just how it is at the moment.

If members report posts to us then we can look at them but we don't have any posts reported just a lot of moaning about posts that we have no idea where they are.

Please try and resolve this one for everyone's sake.

nomorepanic
04-07-15, 14:13
I need to keep the heart stress free as much as possible :) but thanks for the offer.

Me too and even more so for the Crohn's :wacko:

Davit
04-07-15, 17:25
I said I would only answer posts relevant to me otherwise my activity is in PM. Not answering would be ignorant wouldn't it.

Lilac58
04-07-15, 18:23
Sometimes not answering is wise and makes you the better person.

Davit
04-07-15, 18:32
If that is what you wish then I will try. They can always get me in PM.

Rennie1989
05-07-15, 16:27
Guys, you're both old enough to be my father, and with that you should be acting like adults! I get that anxiety can make you act irrationally and defensively but this is a forum full of people with anxiety and depression conditions where aggressive posts can upset them. Yes, you both have very different and valid view points but can you both agree to disagree and be the bigger person by refraining from boosting your egos by getting one step over the other?

Let's be mature adults and keep bickering to the PM or just don't bicker. And let's not attack admins when they are working hard to keep this forum going, remember that they have their own lives too.

ricardo
05-07-15, 18:42
It's OK Rennie

No drama scene from me or "please delete my account" I have decided to leave, it's best for all concerned.

Sam123
05-07-15, 19:03
I'm confused, i thought this was done with yesterday, nothing has been said since unless i've missed something?

Elen
05-07-15, 19:52
Guys, you're both old enough to be my father, and with that you should be acting like adults! I get that anxiety can make you act irrationally and defensively but this is a forum full of people with anxiety and depression conditions where aggressive posts can upset them. Yes, you both have very different and valid view points but can you both agree to disagree and be the bigger person by refraining from boosting your egos by getting one step over the other?

Let's be mature adults and keep bickering to the PM or just don't bicker. And let's not attack admins when they are working hard to keep this forum going, remember that they have their own lives too.

Well said Rennie, guys please think of who else is getting hurt in the crossfire and that includes the admin. They are dammed if they step in and dammed if they don't.

Davit in all honesty I would walk away. I know that it is not easy but it is the right thing to do.

Enough of the sniping and criticism either speak to each other or don't its up to you.

This bickering is affecting the site as a whole and it really is time to grow up and act like adults.

End of my tuppence worth.

Elen

Sam123
05-07-15, 19:58
I'm sorry but this was stopped yesterday, it has only been ignited by today's post by Rennie(no offence meant). Both involved have continued to post since yesterday, so i'm at a loss where this has come from..

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Admin actually asked for no more to be said - and Nicola already addressed the thread(see comment)

No more was added :blush:

newme
05-07-15, 20:05
Yes Sam I thought it was too.
Rennie your a smart woman and just graduated from a counselling course so why act like a naïve girl now? Why bring up a dead issue now that it appeares to have passed? I think people are trying to heal and are moving in a positive forward direction again.. Why not just let sleeping dogs Lay?...I give up...I think this entire thread should be deleted so that we can all move on. I will not return until it is.

Rennie1989
05-07-15, 20:10
I'm sorry but this was stopped yesterday, it has only been ignited by today's post by Rennie(no offence meant). Both involved have continued to post since yesterday, so i'm at a loss where this has come from..[COLOR="blue"]

I don't think I've instigated anything, I saw this topic and reminded these two of what is happening around them. From what I am aware this was already wound up before I came along. No offence taken at all.

Davit - sometimes, if people don't see your point or refuse to, it is better to just walk away. It is not worth your health getting irritated over it. We all have our views and opinions and they are all different, that's what is special about human beings. If we all thought and agreed on the same things it would be a pretty boring place!

Ricardo - I am sorry if you do leave but just remember that this is only a hiatus and you have contributed brilliantly to this forum. It would be a real shame if you left but if it means improving your health then it may be for the best.

Sam123
05-07-15, 20:12
I don't think I've instigated anything, I saw this topic and reminded these two of what is happening around them. From what I am aware this was already wound up before I came along. No offence taken at all.

Just stating that this thread and issue hasn't been mentioned for 24hours, the best yet, and now it has been again. I was confused as i thought i'd missed something. Admin said to leave it at that. :doh:

Rennie1989
05-07-15, 20:13
Yes Sam I thought it was too.
Rennie your a smart woman and just graduated from a counselling course so why act like a naïve girl now? Why bring up a dead issue now that it appeares to have passed? I think people are trying to heal and are moving in a positive forward direction again.. Why not just let sleeping dogs Lay?...I give up...I think this entire thread should be deleted so that we can all move on. I will not return until it is.

This topic came up as 'active' so I am sorry for assuming it was not active at all.

MyNameIsTerry
06-07-15, 05:24
I came from MoneySavingExpert before here and I've been around on Digital Spy although I don't post as I changed my mind after registering so just read when some programmes are running on TV. I do look at other forums to get answers for things e.g. OCD ones, even fibro at times, and various technical ones via Googling to solve pc issues or any other issue I have.

There are some serious arguments that take place on forums like that and respect can be in short supply. MSE is a largely supportive place but with it being so general, it means people from all walks of life and some can be nice or nasty, just like in real life. The Discussions board on there is probably the most argumentative and anything about religion can cause a lot of ridiculing of other members which just results in various levels of nasty remarks.

Thats forums for you. They are only as good as the people that are in them.

This forum is very nice. People are supportive and largely I've found there is understanding. I do think due to the lack of OCD presence, people don't always understand that and some things I've seen on here would have sparked arguments on OCD forums but thats just because the membership is so low. Its just an education thing and people will hopefully take note of what members with OCD say and then understand it more for the future in the same way that those of use with OCD need to with other anxiety disorders. Its good to learn about each other as I find this often either raises questions or helps you answer them about your own problems, its just another angle to exploit.

So, I don't think people should leave over this unless they do so for the right reasons, not because they have a dispute because you can have one of them in every forum on the planet.

Phill2
06-07-15, 05:51
I am a long time member (10 years) on this forum and quite frankly I find Davit's posts far too technical and convoluted for me so I just bypass them.
Others may see them differently though.
People on here just want a little reassurance.

Davit
06-07-15, 06:15
Apparently not since my private messages are averaging 15 a day with a spike of 25 today. But that is okay since you people are doing such a good job of support I leave it to you. Like I said, if one person asks for information I'll stay. My grandfather had three days of schooling, he got the rest out of a news paper. He could understand me. He might ask what a big word meant is all. There is no provision here to draw pictures. I don't read HA threads unless by accident. I doubt they read mine. I use a mac so can't use pictures, My therapist uses pictures.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

Convoluted, complex and extremely hard to follow. Well that is better than calling we what you would like to. The cow (moose) and the purple pony don't even call me that. Word might be to big for them.

pulisa
06-07-15, 09:37
You just gotta laugh here folks:D

Davit
06-07-15, 10:06
Well it is funny. Gallows humour, as I hang myself.[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 02:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 ----------

Oosh
06-07-15, 12:27
Apparently not since my private messages are averaging 15 a day with a spike of 25 today. But that is okay since you people are doing such a good job of support I leave it to you. Like I said, if one person asks for information I'll stay. My grandfather had three days of schooling, he got the rest out of a news paper. He could understand me. He might ask what a big word meant is all. There is no provision here to draw pictures. I don't read HA threads unless by accident. I doubt they read mine. I use a mac so can't use pictures, My therapist uses pictures.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

Convoluted, complex and extremely hard to follow. Well that is better than calling we what you would like to. The cow (moose) and the purple pony don't even call me that. Word might be to big for them.

Stop calling members names Davit. Be respectful and use their usernames.

Sam123
06-07-15, 12:33
Respect needs to work both ways. AuntieMoosie shown zero respect for anybody in last nights post. There has been name calling from all sides.

So let's be fair.

Oosh
06-07-15, 12:42
Sam123. I've shown no disrespect to anybody at this point. Why are you always the first to respond on Davits behalf ? Are you one of the "others" Davit brought from this other site ? Is this why you leap to his defence every single time ?

In my opinion you have contributed to every argument that has taken place by doing just what you've done here.

I don't believe I mentioned you and here you are again. I suggest everybody unhappy with this make a complaint against against sam123 for consistently arguing on this site. Whatever the argument, you can guarantee you'll be there. It doesn't help. In fact I've seen plenty of evidence now that you make things worse. Maybe you should exercise restraint and not contribute to the argument instead of being so eager to leap in.

Sam123
06-07-15, 13:06
Oosh, please explain how i was rude. I responded to your comment to state that we should be fair. You do not need to mention my name for me to be able to respond.

A complaint against me for consistently arguing? :roflmao: Well i never. That's made my day.

Haven't you just 'leaped' in then. No time for hypocritical people. Ricardo himself, stated that i have been nothing but respectful to him, so where you get this 'arguing' from i do not know.

An opinion is not arguing.

Maybe you should exercise restraint and not contribute to the argument instead of being so eager to leap in.

The same applies to you :)

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

No i am not one of the 'others' whoever they are.

I joined this site after a long time dealing with trauma from horrific things in my life that i am now recovering from, thanks to Dave and others. So yes i will defend where i see fit.
I have done nothing but try to mediate between ricardo and Dave, requesting for it to be dealt with privately time and time again. Does that sound like someone who wishes to cause arguements or someone who want's it settled?

MyNameIsTerry
06-07-15, 13:06
I don't think she meant you, Oosh. She meant be transparent.

MyNameIsTerry
07-07-15, 05:45
Sam123. I've shown no disrespect to anybody at this point. Why are you always the first to respond on Davits behalf ? Are you one of the "others" Davit brought from this other site ? Is this why you leap to his defence every single time ?

In my opinion you have contributed to every argument that has taken place by doing just what you've done here.

I don't believe I mentioned you and here you are again. I suggest everybody unhappy with this make a complaint against against sam123 for consistently arguing on this site. Whatever the argument, you can guarantee you'll be there. It doesn't help. In fact I've seen plenty of evidence now that you make things worse. Maybe you should exercise restraint and not contribute to the argument instead of being so eager to leap in.

I really don't think anyone should be encouraging other people to construct complaints against other members, people can make their own decisions.

Not like you, Oosh.

I've said the same as Sam about thread deletion & transparency. I would like to think I won't be experiencing any "call to arms".

blue moon
07-07-15, 06:00
Looks like. “Round Two"........lol x:D

Pipkin
07-07-15, 06:17
No Petra. We've drawn I line under this and time to move on...

I hope you had a good Tuesday. Ours is just starting! :D

Pip

blue moon
07-07-15, 07:56
Hi Pip:D:

I have had a lovely day,went for a walk to the lake with my dog.
Hope your Tuesday goes well and you enjoy your day also.

Petra x:D: