PDA

View Full Version : Hiv and hodgkin's lymphoma?!?! Please help

cantthinkofanickname
04-07-15, 20:37
About 3 moths I had protected (except for oral) sex with a stranger. Both male) A month after that, I got a fever and a rash. I got a prescription for the rash but it didn't work, so I'm gonna see a doctor again about that. Just after the pills were prescribed, I started getting rashes on my body.I started fearing HIV so two months after the encounter I got tested and it was negative. But it could be a false negative because of the window period. Thing is I started checking my lymph nodes for bumps and I noticed under my jaw a small painless bump. So I checked it out online and I found that it could be Hodgkin's lymphoma. I started checking the symptoms and I had them all...I'm really scared now because people with HIV could develop Hodgkin's lymphoma... Please tell me what do you think. I'm terrified. I'm definately gonna get a second HIV test this week, I just have to wait a few days until I'm out of the 90 day-window period. Please, I just need to hear somebody. I've been having the worst time of my life...Could it be that I got HIV and then Hodgkin's? Or is it just Hodgkin's? I'm losing my mind.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

I have just found more painless swollen lymph nodes in my groin. I'm so scared

Fishmanpa
04-07-15, 21:26
You're getting yourself worked up because of Dr Google. Chances are quite slim concerning both your fears tbh (especially HIV due to the negative test result).

Hope all works out and calms down for you.

Positive thoughts