PDA

View Full Version : New Member - multiple symptoms and scared to take medication

Soggy
05-07-15, 08:59
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and am having some serious problems, I hope that some of you maybe able to give me some support and advice on how you dealt with similar situations.

I've been having some serious physical panic symptoms over the last few weeks, tightness in my throat and a lump when I swallow, also sit feels like I constantly have trapped burps and heartburn. I get aches in my arms (not always the same one) from tension in my chest and back.

I've been perscribed medication but am too scared to take it in case it makes my symptoms worse.

I'm at a loss and don't know where to turn.

Leah1971
05-07-15, 10:23
Hi Soggy and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time at the moment but please don't feel alone. There are lots of people here that will support you. There are also lots of threads with great info which will help you understand better what's happening with you at the moment.

I know medication is scary but please try to relax and let it help you. Did your doc ask you to start on a low dosage? This will help with any possible side effects. And usually side effects don't last too long.

Be patient and kind to yourself while you are recovering. You didn't get like this overnight so sometimes it takes a little while to come back from it. But, you will :).

Leah.

agnes
05-07-15, 18:50
Soggy, I get the throat symptoms with anxiety, so I know it's not easy. As Leah said, be gentle with yourself and try to relax and try the medication.

A big hug to you xx

Sparkle1984
05-07-15, 19:46
Welcome to the forums. :) Would you say your anxiety symptoms are more physical than emotional (eg negative intrusive thoughts)? What medication have you been prescribed? There is bound to be someone here who is already on the same meds who'll be able to give you advice and support. Also, has your doctor referred you for any therapy or other support?