PDA

View Full Version : pain in upper back

lyndau63
05-07-15, 18:04
I am never surer whether to post on this forum or the HA one but will try this one. I have only posted about 3 worries since I joined and haven't really had any response but I hope I have helped others by replying to them.
I currently have a strange shooting pain in my upper back on the left. It kind of says 'kidneys' to me from the position, but I haver no other symptoms like a urine infection. I am a terrible panicker and always think the worst but I have managed not to google since joining this site. It is hard not to do so at the moment even though the pain is not there all the time. It made me jump when I got to bed last night and then I forgot about it until it happened again mid morning. Has just stabbed at me again whilst I was reading another thread on here and so now I am worried. Any ideas or reassurance would be most welcome.:ohmy:

GingerFish
06-07-15, 18:40
I get this a lot too, especially in between my shoulder blades as well. I was told by my doctor that it was caused by my bad posture and the fact I always clench and tense my back. She also said shooting pains that only last a second or so are muscular. I have had numerous kidney infections and I can safely say, you would know if the pain was from there. Its constant and crampy. I understand though as I have HA too, it doesn't matter how much reassurance you get, it doesn't help.

lyndau63
07-07-15, 11:27
Thank you so much for your reply. It has helped a lot. It is definitely just shooting pains and I was, of course, sitting at the computer when I wrote the post so it could easily have been posture.:)