PDA

View Full Version : advice please.

rvoiello25
06-07-15, 02:46
hello. I have had bulimia for years. I don't care about my weight. I mainly do it from anxiety well that is what the doctor and psychiatrist said. When I put my fingers down my throat to be sick I feel a lump to the left hand side of my throat but it isn't on the right hand side. It feels like sometimes it gets bigger and then sometimes I can't feel it for a while. It comes and goes. Also I have an Underbite Jaw and I was wondering if this has something to do with it. I have been to the doctors who said she couldn't see anything. I have also had a barium swallow which also came back clear. Tonight I can feel it more especially when I swallow. I am currently taking valium to calm me down before I eat as I don't want to make myself sick after every meal. With my my depression and anxiety it makes me think I have throat cancer. Also I can feel spots or lumps right at the back of my tongue. I don't know what to do. I have looked in to it a lot on google and so far no luck to what it is. I have seen something called LIE BUMPS but they are on the tongue and apart from the back of my tongue to the sides. my tongue is alright. Any information from someone who has had the same experience or similar would be appreciated. I am a 27 year old male who smokes. If that is any help. Thank you. x

Stressed32
06-07-15, 03:33
I have lumps at the back of my tongue too :-) I also have bumps all over the back of my throat. I made the mistake once and looked there w a light. Also, those of us blessed w anxiety clench our jaws when sleeping. This can cause lots of things in our mouths to swell. I hope this makes you feel a little better.

rudiskacel
06-07-15, 03:36
Everybody has lumps at the back of their tongue. They're called circumvallate papillae

Fishmanpa
06-07-15, 12:41
With my my depression and anxiety it makes me think I have throat cancer.... I am a 27 year old male who smokes.

I think it's good that you're working on yourself with a mental health professional. In the big picture, based on what you said, that's the best thing you could be doing for yourself.

You asked for advice... In light of your fear and current anxiety and depression, finding a way to refrain from a habit that can actually cause your fear to become reality would be prudent.

Positive thoughts