PDA

View Full Version : going through with this 4 hr theropy today

gregcool
06-07-15, 12:43
Iv decided to have that theropy i talked about..one sesion 4 hrs long.its at 3pm today..my parents are paying for it,so i have nothing to loose really..may as well give it a go,you never know something may just click..ill post latter to update what hapens..plus in two weeks time i start my 12 free sesions from the NHS..i feel this is it for me now,if none of these theropys work im guesing thats the end of the road.tried everything then..

Fishmanpa
06-07-15, 13:06
Just understand that in order for this to work you have to give it 110% effort to take on and do the things they're telling you. It's about having an open, willing and positive mindset. It's hard work! In fact, having gone through therapy, I'd say it's more difficult than manual labor!

Good luck and positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
06-07-15, 13:16
I completely agree with FMP. Give it your best shot.

No matter what, you've still got everyone's support on here mate.

Best of luck.

gregcool
06-07-15, 13:27
Thanks fmp and terry..yep ill give it my best shot,although i dont feel very possitive today so hope it dsnt impact on the sesion....if i just felt 10% better in my self id be happy with that..id like to get over my phobias tho then i could get a full time job working as a driver for the film industry..theres one there if i want it

Crystalhiggs
06-07-15, 13:33
Good luck today greg we're all rooting for you!

Looking forward to reading about it later! :)

Fishmanpa
06-07-15, 13:38
Thanks fmp and terry..yep ill give it my best shot,although i dont feel very possitive today so hope it dsnt impact on the sesion....if i just felt 10% better in my self id be happy with that..id like to get over my phobias tho then i could get a full time job working as a driver for the film industry..theres one there if i want it

"You" have the power to change that. Nothing or no one else. It is a conscious decision.

"Whether you think you can or can't, you're right" Henry Ford

Positive thoughts

Mart0310
06-07-15, 15:02
Today may bring you everthing you need, on the otherhand it may not. Please dont give up on the basis of the outcome of one session. I tried four different counsellors before I found one that was right for me.

THis method 4 hour chunk, may be perfect for you, it may not. Personally I found hour sessions was about as much as I could cope with. So it may work for you, it may not, but it doesnt mean you have some incurable disability, you have anxiety and this can be resolved, however unlikely that feels to you right now ;)

Good luck for today, fingers tightly crossed for you :yesyes:

swgrl09
06-07-15, 16:16
Maybe being up front about not feeling positive can be something to explore in therapy. I find that when I have a road block, being honest and throwing it out there can be therapeutic too.

sial72
06-07-15, 16:41
none of these theropys work im guesing thats the end of the road.tried everything then..

Please don't think that because that puts so much pressure on yourself. As Mart0310 says, hopefully it will work but if it doesn't there are always other things to try.
I now have a great therapist that has thought me to look inside rather than outside for solutions.
In any case, good luck!

Crystalhiggs
06-07-15, 21:32
How did you get on greg?

Annie0904
06-07-15, 22:47
I hope today went well for you Greg?

gregcool
07-07-15, 10:21
Theropy results.
Well it was a long 3 hr session..she took me back to my past and to the event that caused my mental health..it was quite complicated to do,as ahe asked questions and asked me to experiance the emotions of the event,which i found hard to do..she then got me to imagin im at a camp fire with a friend and my mum,and asked me lots of questions.she asked how my mum would feel and react etc.this sort of thing went on for ages.then she talked to my healing reseptors and was saying to grow and make me feel better,bit weird..anyway it was like this all the way through..after the three hrs we had a little chat about it all and she was saying it might be days weeks or months before my mind heals from the theropy..so now iv just got to wait...she had me close my eyes all the way through and relax and focus on everything...just have to see what happens now

Mart0310
07-07-15, 10:49
Hope it works well for you Gregg :)

Annie0904
07-07-15, 11:01
She sounds like a good therapist Greg :)

gregcool
07-07-15, 11:08
Yes she is anni..it was very intence. Quite draning and felt tired afterwards..just hope changes hapen soon..iv still got my NHS theropy starting in a couple of weeks.

Annie0904
07-07-15, 11:09
I always felt tired and drained after my intense psychotherapy sessions but you will see/feel improvement in time :)

Crystalhiggs
07-07-15, 16:20
How are you feeling today greg?

Hopefully something will clear soon and you will see it working, these things can take time.

Well done for going for it though, let's hope it isn't long before you see some results. :)

gregcool
07-07-15, 16:49
Thanks crystal..well i feel a bit depressed and anxious as it goes...didnt wake up excpecting to feel any different..i just feel my usual self..if it is going to work it could take time for things to change for me..so iv got my fingers crossed..how you been crystal? Hows your sleeping going

Crystalhiggs
07-07-15, 17:14
Yes just see how it goes and don't put yourself under any pressure. When I was having hypnotherapy I always felt a bit down afterwards but I think it was just the processing of it all.

Well I'm sleeping brilliantly and have been feeling really well, but just been to the dentist for root canal treatment and they couldn't numb me up enough so couldn't do it. I have to take anti inflammatories for a few days and go back on Satuday to try again :( so that has put a bit of a dampner on things today as I don't know what will happen if they can't do it!

Other than that...all is well! :)

gregcool
07-07-15, 17:17
Good to hear crystal.amazing your sleep is returning..welcome back..as for the dentist,i hate them,dont envy you for that,lets hope they get you sorted on sat..

Crystalhiggs
07-07-15, 17:59
Thanks greg, yeah as if it's not stressful enough going to the dentist!!!

ricardo
07-07-15, 18:08
greg,

We discussed this before you went and some of us are a bit cynical. 3 hours is a pretty long time in one intense session. Did she give you any tools to practise or to meet again ?

gregcool
07-07-15, 18:50
The only tools she gave me,was how to focus on the positives and avoid the negetives..she is going to stay in contact with me over the next few weeks,and a follow up apt may be needed in the near furure

pulisa
07-07-15, 20:03
Free of charge, I hope?

Annie0904
07-07-15, 20:17
Oh I assumed you would be going every week, I guess if she is going to keep in contact with you though then that is good.

gregcool
07-07-15, 21:15
Yep free.no charge for the calls..the three hr session cost my parents £75 per hr..cant aford anymore sesions.

Annie0904
07-07-15, 21:30
yes Psychologists fees are high, I was quoted £100 per hour when I was looking for someone for my son.

pulisa
07-07-15, 21:34
Make sure you get that in writing, Greg? Just to be on the safe side?

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

I think this lady is a Journey Practitioner, Annie. I'm not sure whether she is an accredited psychologist but Greg will be able to put me right on this.

MyNameIsTerry
08-07-15, 04:37
Make sure you get that in writing, Greg? Just to be on the safe side?

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

I think this lady is a Journey Practitioner, Annie. I'm not sure whether she is an accredited psychologist but Greg will be able to put me right on this.

There was nothing on her website that indicated she was, she's a former sales manager who was treated with the method and then trained in it. So, more an alternative therapist I guess.

---------- Post added at 04:37 ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 ----------

Give it your best shot everyday, Greg. Positive thinking and spotting & dealing with negatives are part of most therapies for things like this so its worth keeping things going because it will help you with your later therapy if you need it.