PDA

View Full Version : citaprolam

fi73
01-02-07, 12:57
I have been taking citaprolam for a week now and am starting to feel better now the initial side affects are wearing off.What bothers me though is the circumstances that led to me having this prescribed.For the last 2 1/2 years I have lived at my present home with my partner and our 2 children.During this time my sanity has been stretched to the limit by the anti social behaviour of our next door neighbours. After intervention from their housing association and the local council there has been some improvment but now they know we made complaints and have gained support from other neighbours making me feel very uncomfortable in my own home.I'm hoping the citaprolam will just give me a break from the constant anxiety I feel about this situation.

trac67
01-02-07, 13:00
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

KOKO23CAT
01-02-07, 14:14
hi there,

my neighbourd make my life tricky too. i live in a flat on the second floor and the couple who live underneath me object to my 3 year old daughter 'running around' they express this by hammering on the ceiling throughout the day which as you can imagine with nerves like ours, its quite distressing sometimes.
try to take some time out to have a little 'me' time. also maybe you could consider asking to be moved? although why should you move . . . . . . . etc

welcome
koko

my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened

yorkylover
01-02-07, 14:44
Hi and welcome,Im on citalopram as well.;)

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
01-02-07, 15:10
Hi Fi

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
01-02-07, 18:00
Hi Fi

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

sal
02-02-07, 00:15
Fi

It helped me loads hun and hope it does you. but wont change your neighbours. Easy said to stand up to them but you serseve so much better than me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

amberbear
03-02-07, 11:44
i had problems with my neighbours, it got so bad one day that i up rooted and moved within a 24 hr period it was the best thing i ever did , and luckly have had no trouble with neighbours since good luck

fi73
05-02-07, 12:44
thanks all, it's good to know that I'm not alone.I suppose I've always been inclined to get anxiety and depression,the situation with the neighbours just gave me the kick to get it treated,maybe I should thank them[ha ha].Have made plans to sell up in a few months, which I know will be stressful but all this has made me and my partner reevaluate what we want.In the meantime I'm enjoying looking after myself, eating and cooking loads of good things after having a poor appetite for months and getting out with our dog.Still having to take Kalms sleep tablets to get a decent nights shut eye,the dr said the citaprolam should sort out the insommnia but it would take time.Anybody know how long it usually takes for citaprolam to make insommnia better. I'm enjoing this forum. love Fi

craiglc36
05-02-07, 19:44
Hi , I was prescibed Citalopram about 2 yrs ago after my Anxiety /panic attacks got me so down I couldn.t cope anymore .
The doctor said there would be side effects for a few days . She wasn,t kidding either . For the first 3 days after taking the tablets I spent the whole time thinking I was going to die . It was hard for my wife to watch me like that . I didnt want to be left alone . but the side effects went away and for 6 months they sorta helped . I was more relaxed . But the doc discovered that my blood pressure was rising to borderline high so I had to come off them .
Damn those side effects grrr..

cookielucious
05-02-07, 20:25
Hi, I no what you mean bout side effects and not being able to cope. I have been going through some side effects for about 2 months now, I was taking buspirone and I had such bad side effects, I wanted to at least take it for 2 months to see if it helped me, but unfortunately it made me worst a terrible month with that..NOw I just started Wellbutrin last wed and I am going through the side effects again..I am suffering really bad and I just want you to no I no exactly how you feel, but I no we will overcome this.

sal
05-02-07, 22:47
Hi Mate

It takes time for them to help with the sleep but they do. Pleased you are not giving in and have discussed things with your partner. You have had a hard run and although moving can be stressful it cant put anymore pressure on you than you have already suffered.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

nut_87
18-05-08, 20:31
I have been taking Citaprolam for nearly 6 months now, initially I was getting on fine but over the past month I have had extreme mood sings and the most unbelievable bursts on anger which i cannot control. Not sure what to do thinking about stopping them but not sure.

AnOregonCaretaker
03-02-09, 04:18
My mom is 86 and has increasing short term memory problems. My dad is 90, and the two of them live in a 1600 sq. ft. home in Oregon. Dad is mentally sharp whose only memory problems can be associated with age. Mom's is associated with dementia.

Unfortunately her dementia takes the form of doing battle with Dad for an hour or two almost every day about the smallest details. Arguments that start for no reason, continue for the same while Dad tries to either put her off the subject or convince her of the correct answer to the artument. The arguments then suddenly stop, and fortunately for Mom, 15 minutes later she doesn't remember they happened in any form. For Dad, however, remembering and dealing with the argument is another story.

I spoke with her doctor about an anti-depressant (as she gets down on herself badly when she realizes she is forgetting, telling everyone she is dumb and stupid and how can we even stand to be around her). He agreed and put her on Citaprolam - 10 mg just two days ago.

I visited her today and saw no evidence of any side effects. I hope that continues and that she is less anxious about things that bother her that lead to the start of arguments with Dad, for both their sakes.

Thanks for letting me write this out. It helps to see the situation in front of me rather than in my head.

weeble40
03-02-09, 09:15
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
03-02-09, 21:04
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please remeber you are never feel alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin: