PDA

View Full Version : It kinda makes sense now....

Gymbunny
06-07-15, 18:15
My amazing friend listened to my issues last night (which I thought were me being stupid and have thought so for a very long time) only to tell me she has simular experiences and suffers anxiety and then sent me some links and it all just clicked! I missed one of my contraceptive pills on the 21st June and had a small period followed by spotting for 2 weeks, the more I worried about the spotting (id never had it) & the more I Googled and it told me I was pregnant or having an eptopic pregnancy the worse I felt, pins and needles on my arms, sharp pains in my stomach, siatica, really upset tummy, feeling very faint in tescos & headaches! I bought a test saturday and it was negative but sunday i still had awful tummy pains and light headedness. i spoke with my friend as i was worried as my uncle died of ms and alot of my symptoms seemed to fit, then my friend told me all about health anxiety and I'd thought I was stupid for always having the thought I was going to die young id only ever told my husband & I am always poorly or have something wrong with me it's never ending! So many pains I've just learned to live with but have always worried they were down to whatever it was that was going to kill me off early! After talking with my friend i kind if felt a weight lifted and i slept so much better than i have for ages! So today I took the morning off work and went to the doctor but she never mentioned anxiety and told me because of the missed pill it's probably hormonal and so I need to wait a week and take a pregnancy test, now I feel a little deflated as I was so looking forward to finally getting some help, I don't want to tell her her own job but I'm sure I'm not pregnant and I'm sure it's health anxiety because that fits all rhe other 'problems' I have! Do I just wait do the test then go from there and hope she picks up on it? I feel nervous to mention it incase I'm wrong but it seems so right!

venusbluejeans
06-07-15, 18:23
Hiya Gymbunny and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: