PDA

View Full Version : Scared my body will shut down

rsanchez
06-07-15, 18:22
Yes, yet another health anxiety complaint from me. :(

I didn't sleep well at all last night and today I am feeling so sluggish and sleepy and tired I am seriously scared my body will shut down. I've been told multiple times it doesn't work like that but I just can't shake this belief.

I have chronic sleeping problems and I've been told this feeling of sleepiness and tiredness makes my body feel sick and makes me scared for my health. I just hate constantly feeling this way.

GingerFish
06-07-15, 18:26
When I first started to get panic attacks (and they brought on health anxiety), I felt the exact same way. I didn't think my body would be able to cope with all these scary feelings because they feel so strong and dangerous but 3 years later of feeling these feelings to some extent every day, I am still here.

I really do feel for you. Its very hard to shake off the feelings and thoughts even though deep inside you know what you fear wont happen. I still get like this now when I am stressed. I feel like my heart will just cut out because of all the mental and negative stress I put on it and the rest of my body. Exercise helps. Its the last thing you feel like doing but it honestly helps a lot.

rsanchez
06-07-15, 18:42
Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to get my sleep fixed but the earliest I can get a sleep study done is the 28th! :/

I will hang in there today, but it just sucks feeling this way.