PDA

View Full Version : -trigger warning- friend with health issues

Sophie1
06-07-15, 20:45
I put this as a trigger warning as I know some people's anxiety becomes worse when they hear someone has become ill with cancer.

My 17 year old friend has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer and of course I am extremely worried about them and hope for a full recovery. I'm trying to stop my anxiety from getting worse as I know my friends health is more important right now :weep:

tmckenzie-orr
06-07-15, 21:22
must be very horrible but bad things happen unfortunately to young people, Hopefully she will be fine, But yes its a massive trigger even hearin the word cancer can set me off lol Speedy recovery for your friend x

worrywart29
07-07-15, 06:43
Wow. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery

countrygirl
07-07-15, 10:12
Awful and such a shock for everyone. Its probable that your friend and her family have an inherited condition that causes bowel polyps for someone to get bowel cancer so young. This is very rare.

Your anxiety is also understandable by everyone with health anxiety as it focuses on the worst case scenario.

Please remember that what your friend has is incredibly rare and I am sure you will support her as much as you can x