PDA

View Full Version : Cat bite

ballerina
06-07-15, 22:08
I touched my cat in a way he obviously didn't like and he jumped up and bit my arm. I googled it (I know) and there's all these horror stories about people ending up close to death from a cat bite. It's a bit red where he bit me but it was through my dressing gown so I don't know if it is possible to get an infection? I don't know if his teeth went through it, it didn't bleed but it really hurt, I'm scared of getting blood poisoning or something :(

nomorepanic
06-07-15, 22:15
Are you up to date with Tetanus injections?

ballerina
06-07-15, 22:16
Are you up to date with Tetanus injections?

Yes, but there's other bacteria :(

Annie0904
06-07-15, 22:19
One of my cats bites me every time he wants feeding :) I am still here :) If it hasn't broken the skin you will be fine...even if it had broke the skin I am sure it would be fine. I usually put some antiseptic cream or lavender oil on it.

ballerina
06-07-15, 22:22
One of my cats bites me every time he wants feeding :) I am still here :) If it hasn't broken the skin you will be fine...even if it had broke the skin I am sure it would be fine. I usually put some antiseptic cream or lavender oil on it.

I've put sudocrem on :) it's just the internet says almost all cat bites need antibiotics :( my mum says it looks fine so I'm trying to relax

nomorepanic
06-07-15, 22:25
I have never had antibiotics for a cat bite in my life

Annie0904
06-07-15, 22:34
Neither have I and I have had quite a few bites and scratches!