PDA

View Full Version : Lump under tongue on right side...

Petesy
06-07-15, 23:13
Hi Everyone

I've had this lump underneath my tongue on the floor of my mouth and a swollen node above my Adams apple apple it's sore and moves about, plus i have a sore throat ... I'm freaking out real bad here i have the gp on Thursday and it can't come enough!

I'm having a panic attack that's lasted 3 days and is ongoing atm 😨😱😰

Help someone i think I've got throat cancer :'(

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Please help somebody..I'm taking a panic attack..feel like I'm losing control :weep:

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

PLEASE HELP I'M LOSING THIS BATTLE HERE :( 3 DAYS OF THIS I'M AT WITS END. Hate Anxiety :@ :mad:

nomorepanic
06-07-15, 23:38
It is probably just a throat infection

Calm down - you have a doctor's appointment and they will look at it.

nivekc251
06-07-15, 23:39
Calm down I had the same symptoms about 6 months ago. I went to my dentist and he told me had an infection. He gave me antibiotics and I was better I. About a week. I can still feel my node but its tiny and not painful. Calm down and relax I know how you feel.

Petesy
07-07-15, 14:21
Thank you both for your kind replies

I've not had much sleep over this and had the idea drummed into my head about the big C after a previous visit to my gp, i went into his surgery thinking i had a salivary gland stone too which the doctor done an examination with his hands and told me it's too big to be a stone and said I'm thinking of sending you for a scan to see if you have throat cancer... I left his office not part of this planet and had to go back down the next day overcome with the worst anxiety I'd ever felt for him to tell me he didn't say that i was livid and adamant that he had and he knew he said it, he then reassured me that it was not the case and it was far from his mind and gave me antibiotics for infection, i left his office raging and finished the course, returned 2 weeks later and he said it had shrank and was some sort of viral infection.. Well after finishing my antibiotics i was covered from head to toe with "pityriasis rosea" so the cause of this whole body rash is viral infection and added a bit more validation to his diagnosis for him obviously. Because i still had the lump there and not told what it could be.. Which left me well you guys know! Livid.

I still have this lump and now one under my chin above my Adams apple and on the back of my neck.. Now i hope I've shed some light on why I'm in the state I'm in :-(

I ain't feeling great either, i wish you all the best of health and well-being ;-)

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

I had to take 10mg of diazepam last night I was that bad :scared15:

Petesy
09-07-15, 16:54
Update on this post after G.P appointment

My Doctor examined the first lump above my Adams apple and told me it's nothing to worry about... And said I'm looking fit and healthy since i seen him 4 months ago which was good to hear :-)

The second lump on the floor of my mouth to the right side of where my saliva comes out of he poked and prodded it and told me that he doesn't let patients leave his office if he ain't sure of what it was and not to worry that he's sending me to a specific surgeon to do with head.. Face etc... He was really nice and reassuring...

But as of the Anxiety disorder it's steering me to the negative side of things... Can anyone out there who has had a similar experience or just some words of wisdom steer me back plz :-S

Petesy

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

I've just watched YouTube videos about salivary gland stones and think this is what it could be... Don't want to Google...:-o

stressedanxious
11-03-17, 18:49
Update ?

Fishmanpa
11-03-17, 18:54
Update ?

OP was from July 2015.... He's still a member (logged in yesterday) so I think all is well :)

Positive thoughts

LisaM_80
07-06-20, 18:12
Hi I seem to have what you’ve described. Know it was a while ago but would you please be able to let me know if it went away as I’m really worrying. Would appreciate if you could reply. Thanks Lisa