PDA

View Full Version : Is this PANIC or THYROID

Bev1958
07-07-15, 12:04
Hi,i am new to this so will explain as best I can.Firstly I suffer with anxiety,cob mainly health anxiety and also have graves thyroid disease.Anxiety sufferer since 18 yrs of age am 56 now and 7 yrs graves disease.Medications are Venlafaxine 150 mcg,Risperidone 1mcg--started on this only a week ago.Propranolol 175mcg,carbimazole reduced from 20mcg to 10 mcg 2 weeks ago ,put on levothyroxine 50mcg as block and replace in December and thyroid they say is in normal range (tsh 4.8. should be between 0.35-6.9) Since a week after reducing carbimazole by half I have had symptoms of graves disease although before thyroid went normal it went under active.get palpitations and a bit short of breath and it kind of reaches a peak where I get a sensation in my fingers like a tingly pins and needles by which time I stop what I am doing and take deep breath where all quickly resumes to normal I don't actually feel anxious or panicky but I know I think about breathing prior to doing something like am I going to get out of breath or something .I cant do anything without thinking about it,infact its on my mind an unhealthy amount of time which is why I have been given risperidone.Its probably too early to tell how these are helping as apart from dry mouth and slight drowsiness I feel no different yet .I spoke to my GP last night and he assures me this isn't thyroid related and thinks I have got into a state over my throid and have brought the symptoms on and now obsessing.I can walk around shops or a park for 3 hours and feel nothing but have got to a point where I don't walk to any place,if My husband takes me out in car I am fine to walk about but if I had to walk to local shop I would get worked up but it seems to be doing things around the house that bring it on.I am rather confused and trying to think of anything other than my symptoms is proving to be impossible.If I am sat watching tv or something I don't feel anxios but am constantly thinking.

tmckenzie-orr
07-07-15, 12:12
that sounds like anxiety disorder, Just by your words its when you sit there doing nothing that brings it on because you are not keeping your mind busy, That you are thinking/feeling these sensations, but when your active you dont worry about it and dont feel these things i say 80% sure its anxiety

Bev1958
07-07-15, 15:10
Thanks for reply,I am ok when active in the sense of looking in and around shops or walking around places of interest but something like hanging washing on line or house cleaning ect would bring it on ,I guess housework isn't really enough to take your mind off it.I am paranoid about lung function and because I am maybe hyperventilating its making me more paranoid about it and I often wonder if you can tell the difference between proper breathlessness through lung diseases and the sufforcating feelings I get with the tingly fingers.