PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Brer Rabbit
07-07-15, 13:34
Hi everyone, just found this forum by chance & i'm hoping that i am going to find others feeling the same as i am at the moment. in short, I am suffering anxiety panic etc when i go out ie: away from my home, this manifests as an upset stomach, I can visit the loo many times before I go out of the door, even if I am going somewhere which is known to me, I resort to taking imodium just to give myself some assurance. I try not to give in but each day is a battle. I have been to see my GP on several occasions and have been offered ADs but each one I have tried upsets my stomach so making my whole situation worse. I am at present paying to see a therapist but am not getting much relief. I assume that agoraphobia is what i have. It really is having quite an impact on my day to day life. I have bought several self help books and cds but feel talking to people who have the same problems would be more helpful.
xx

venusbluejeans
07-07-15, 13:40
Hiya Brer Rabbit and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
07-07-15, 14:53
Hi Brer Rabbit
Welcome. I have had agoraphobia in the past, to the extent that at one time I did not leave the house for months. My experience is that the only way to overcome it is by doing it. Easier said than done.
You say you have read lots of self help books. Have you read Claire Weekes? X

Brer Rabbit
07-07-15, 18:45
Hi Sial72

thanks for you welcome, yep have got two of Dr Weekes books & have recently purchased some cds, I find her calming voice & no nonsense approach very good, I am hoping she will be my savior :) expecting a lot I know.