PDA

View Full Version : Mole/Melanoma

anxietyismyname
07-07-15, 15:43
Hi i'm 18 years old and i have health anxiety. Recently i went to cyprus and my mole that i have on my leg was exposed to the sun and the area was sunburnt. Yesterday I noticed my mole had changed shaped and was like a star so i went to the doctor today. The doctor said she would rather it is removed but it does not look cancerous.
I'm really scared because my dad had a cancerous mole, he had it removed and everything was fine but when the mole gets removed it will be assessed. I AM REALLY SCARED that i might have cancer and im crying and freaking out now.
What are the chances it is cancerous? Why does the doctor want it removed? :unsure:
Am really scared so any advice would be great!

nomorepanic
07-07-15, 16:03
Hi

Are you getting it removed or not cos you said the doctor didn't want to remove it?

Doctor's know what they are looking for in moles so if they were worried about it they would refer you on.

anxietyismyname
07-07-15, 16:08
Hi

Are you getting it removed or not cos you said the doctor didn't want to remove it?

Doctor's know what they are looking for in moles so if they were worried about it they would refer you on.

oh sorry i meant she wants it removed, am just really worried

nomorepanic
07-07-15, 16:23
Try not to be. It will be ok I am sure.