PDA

View Full Version : Internal trembling when lying down for past 6 days

Interesting Ian
07-07-15, 16:36
For the past 6 days when I lie down on my back I often notice internal tremors, mostly located around my lower back and sometimes thighs. I don't think these are twitches. It's more akin to shivering but obviously not that. I don't have any other problems so far as I am aware.

OK I have been experiencing extreme stress and anxiety over the past 3 weeks. This is because I've just moved home 6 days ago (the day this condition started). I've also lost 13lbs over the past 3 weeks. I've been eating vastly less than I normally do as stress significantly reduces my appetite. I've also been drinking much more alcohol than I normally do -- virtually every night.

So is this condition very likely to have been caused by stress? I'm slightly concerned it might be multiple sclerosis, or Parkinsons or something.

Frenchy
07-07-15, 22:14
For the past 6 days when I lie down on my back I often notice internal tremors, mostly located around my lower back and sometimes thighs. I don't think these are twitches. It's more akin to shivering but obviously not that. I don't have any other problems so far as I am aware.

OK I have been experiencing extreme stress and anxiety over the past 3 weeks. This is because I've just moved home 6 days ago (the day this condition started). I've also lost 13lbs over the past 3 weeks. I've been eating vastly less than I normally do as stress significantly reduces my appetite. I've also been drinking much more alcohol than I normally do -- virtually every night.

So is this condition very likely to have been caused by stress? I'm slightly concerned it might be multiple sclerosis, or Parkinsons or something.

I suffer from this kind of trembling too. But for me, it is usually at the end of an anxiety/panic attack. I mentioned it to my doctor who explained that this is actually how adrenaline affects some people when you have a lot of it in your body and your brain then releases a chemical that signals that the panic is over which causes the adrenaline in your system should be purged. The trembles are apparently the adrenaline dissipating from your limbs and extremities. That would seem to coincide with you laying down. Although you don't mention that this is related to a particular attack, I guess it is very possible that when you lay down and relax, your mind is signalling the adrenaline to exit your body...

Interesting Ian
07-07-15, 22:51
I think the trembling doesn't increase when I lie down, it's more the case I notice it then.

Not sure if I had a panic attack, but I was seriously stressed out.

Boydo
07-07-15, 23:52
i went though a few months of this on and off and now my anxiety calmed loads it actually stopped