PDA

View Full Version : Sudden change

NewPanic
07-07-15, 19:24
Let me start off by saying, at the age of 36 I have joined the "anxiety club"
I'm not shy, I'm not scared, and I'm very much involved in public speaking, so there's nothing like that involved in it!!
But just recently I've experienced a "trigger" for anxiety..and I've never known anything like it. Loss of appetite, nausea, stiff cracking neck, red burning face, sleepless nights, fatigue, muscle tension/tingles, to name but a few!! Is this normal guys?? :huh:
I've had stressful and challenging times in my life before, but I've NEVER been like this!! Any advice, guidance or wisdom would be AMAZING!
Love & blessings to you all xx :yesyes:

sial72
07-07-15, 19:49
Hi there
Has there been anything you can think of that triggered all this?
Has all this been gradual ir sudden?
Have you taken any medication at all?
Xxx

Frenchy
07-07-15, 20:22
Let me start off by saying, at the age of 36 I have joined the "anxiety club"
I'm not shy, I'm not scared, and I'm very much involved in public speaking, so there's nothing like that involved in it!!
But just recently I've experienced a "trigger" for anxiety..and I've never known anything like it. Loss of appetite, nausea, stiff cracking neck, red burning face, sleepless nights, fatigue, muscle tension/tingles, to name but a few!! Is this normal guys?? :huh:
I've had stressful and challenging times in my life before, but I've NEVER been like this!! Any advice, guidance or wisdom would be AMAZING!
Love & blessings to you all xx :yesyes:

Sounds just like me. I had a life event trigger it all a couple of months ago - no anxiety or panic attacks prior to that. But I experienced every symptom you describe except the red burning face (I'll look out for that one, lol). Isn't it awful!

However I have also come along way in the last couple of months and for me, things have started to get better fairly quickly. Depending on what your trigger is/was, you may find that things get better with the passage of time alone. But you may find you have to look for help and that's OK too. I did... some therapy, some medication, this place. And no small amount of soul searching - and having to understand myself and my silly brain, in ways I have never had to before.

But I remember those first panic attacks were a waking nightmare. Honestly, you are not alone.