PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing in the abdomen

LauraWoo84
08-07-15, 00:03
I have had strong pulsing in my abdomen for almost a year now, my chest also pulses and I can feel and see it in my throat too. I wake up every morning with an internal vibrating. I am so paranoid it's an abdominal aortic aneurysm I do have inflammatory bowel disease.

Does anyone else experience the pulsing I refer to? Not sure about going to the doctors and requesting an abdominal X-ray

2Anxious
08-07-15, 00:53
Wow. I'm having similar problems atm. When you say throat, do you mean the 'suprasternal notch'? That's where I see mine and several doctors have seen it (GP, cardiologist and an A&E consultant) and none of them batted an eyelid.

These internal vibrations are doing my head in. I feel them mainly in my legs and I'm sure they get worse when I think about it.

As for the abdominal pulsating, my sister, auntie and cousin can all see their pulse there too. I can sometimes. Get it checked out if it's causing you worry but it's not uncommon at all, probably the opposite.

It's so hard to believe everything is related to anxiety, I don't myself, but it probably is.

LauraWoo84
08-07-15, 00:58
2Anxious that is exactly where I see it and on both sides of my neck. The vibrations I feel all over and now I seem to have an issue with muscles tightening, joints aching. I also have little red blood spots. I try not to think it's lymphoma or other types of cancer or that I have an abdominal aortic aneurysm

All of this is driving me crazy and doesn't help when my seven year relationship has come to an end. If you rest something on your stomach does it bounce around, also do you suffer with shaking in the arms as well.

It is a reassurance when I know I am not on my own, I have had a 24 hour heart monitor test done just recently to check things out

2Anxious
08-07-15, 01:07
2Anxious that is exactly where I see it and on both sides of my neck. The vibrations I feel all over and now I seem to have an issue with muscles tightening, joints aching. I also have little red blood spots. I try not to think it's lymphoma or other types of cancer or that I have an abdominal aortic aneurysm

All of this is driving me crazy and doesn't help when my seven year relationship has come to an end. If you rest something on your stomach does it bounce around, also do you suffer with shaking in the arms as well.

It is a reassurance when I know I am not on my own, I have had a 24 hour heart monitor test done just recently to check things out

Not on my stomach but if I put something over my chest it bounces. My arms don't really shake, no. Your symptoms just sound like classic health anxiety. It's a really horrible thing. I'm sitting here now thinking my heart is beating differently and trying not to panic. Dreading turning off the TV to try and sleep, because I know I won't.

It won't hurt to go to your GP and ask them to have a look. They can tell by feel if there is something there that shouldn't be.

You might be having a flare because of your break up.

LauraWoo84
08-07-15, 01:18
Not on my stomach but if I put something over my chest it bounces. My arms don't really shake, no. Your symptoms just sound like classic health anxiety. It's a really horrible thing. I'm sitting here now thinking my heart is beating differently and trying not to panic. Dreading turning off the TV to try and sleep, because I know I won't.

It won't hurt to go to your GP and ask them to have a look. They can tell by feel if there is something there that shouldn't be.

You might be having a flare because of your break up.

Health anxiety really is evil and I can't wait til I find normality again.mall this cortisol in the body must be damaging

Your heart won't be beating differently. Do you have someone with you who you can talk to?

2Anxious
08-07-15, 01:27
Health anxiety really is evil and I can't wait til I find normality again.mall this cortisol in the body must be damaging

Your heart won't be beating differently. Do you have someone with you who you can talk to?

No everyone is in bed but it's ok.

Hope you feel better soon.

Fishmanpa
08-07-15, 01:50
The fact is we have a heart and it beats. Blood flows accordingly through our arteries and veins giving us a pulse that can be felt and seen all over our bodies. Everyone has it and the degree in which you see it and feel it depends on several factors like build, body fat and frankly, how hyper aware of this particular natural occurrence.

Positive thoughts

LauraWoo84
08-07-15, 07:37
Thanks fishmanpa. I do understand and anxiety will also make the pulsing stronger. But I'm also aware that I do have a bowel disorder and I only noticed the pulsing since the onset of my disorder. I'm not in a good place at all due to my relationship break down and my anxiety seems to be a lot higher and harder to deal with