PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new here

ADW
09-07-15, 09:46
Hi, this is the first time I've used a website like this. I've been suffering from anxiety for several years and sine beginning my career 7 months ago it has worsened. I had kept the constant anxiety and panic attacks secret until recently when everything got to much and I was unable to hide it anymore. I was in no fit state to work and have been signed off work for a week. The doctors have started me on citalopram and diazepam but I've been feeling quite sick but I'm persevering with it. Has anyone else had these side effects? I've completely lost my appetite and I normally love my food. Trying to find things to do with myself now but I am still feeling very anxious most of the time although the panic attacks have reduced. What should I do with myself? I'm due back at work on Monday and even the thought brings a wave of extreme anxiety through me. I should point out I like my job, I work as a nurse on a busy ward so it is very stressful.
Thanks for reading,
ADW

venusbluejeans
09-07-15, 09:54
Hiya ADW and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
09-07-15, 12:09
Hi ADW
And welcome.
I have had those side effects, not from that exact medication but from similar one. Aside from medication there are other things that can help so much with the anxiety. Do you do any sport at all? Have you read Claire Weekes books? Have you tried mindfulness? These are all very helpful. In my opinion medication can ease the symptoms for you but you need to think why you are so anxious and what you can do to help yourself...xxx

ADW
09-07-15, 18:02
Hi sial72,

Yes I go kayaking when I can and I'm thinking of taking up cycling again. I hadn't heard of Claire weekes but I will definitly look into her work. I am teaching myself breathing exercises and trying to recognise when my thoughts are making me anxious and change the way I think. I just worry about how I will do these techniques at work where I literally don't have a spare minute in the day and obviously I need to be thinking clearly.throughout the day as a nurse which is difficult when I have such a high level of anxiety.

Stuart94
09-07-15, 19:12
Hello

Im really new to this all. I have recently been told I have to take diazepam and citalopram daily. I am a 21 male.
I have experienced some incredible lows in my life over the past few weeks. From losing, my house, to my partner and even my job.
I honestly feel alien in my own body, feeling worthless and unwanted, cared and loved.

I sometimes struggle to wake up because I know what I will be feeling, before I even feel it.
There Is times where sometimes I struggle to see the positives, but only the negatives. Sometimes I just feel I can not cope anymore.
Its getting worse and worse everyday.

ADW
09-07-15, 19:39
Hi Stuart94, I am sorry that you are feeling this way. It can be hard when you have nothing to motivate you like a partner or a job. Do you do any exercise or have aby hobbies to motivate you? I have previously tried running and that is supposed to be really good, it helped me have a reason to get up and out the house and it felt good to regain some control but I had to give up due to injury. I am.now considering taking up cycling. Have you talked to your GP about how low you are feeling? It sounds like more depression than anxiety. I'm just taking it a day at a time at the moment.