PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic attack right now!!

Petesy
09-07-15, 17:07
Ohh F#*K it's like I've got a million thoughts going through my head at once.... Shaking.... Can't breathe.... Twitching..pounding heart... Really losing the plot!! And need serious help

Fkn hate Anxiety :'(

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Oh my God feels like I'm separated from my body I don't like this part at alllllllllll

nomorepanic
09-07-15, 17:08
Try this Pete - it may help:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack

Petesy
09-07-15, 17:09
Thanks Nicola

Oh this is a bad one!! I'll give a go right away x

Autumn4
09-07-15, 17:40
7/11 breathing helps me with panic attack. In for 7 & out for 11 or basically the out breath longer than in breath. I do know how you are feeling & it is horrid. We do have to think when we have them that it won't last for ever. I even say when I have one " ok then come on & do your worst " & that has helped too. I also sometimes run on the spot or throw my arms around in fact anything to use up some of the adrenaline. It feels like the worst thing to do but excess adrenaline if it can be used for something disperses more quickly.

Petesy
09-07-15, 18:11
Thanks again for that Nicola

reading through it i was experiencing depersonalisation which was to me like i was watching from the outside in.. Like outside my body might sound silly but that's the only way i can describe it.

Terrifying Really Terrifying

I really need to go back to my anxiety support group and do a full 6 phases of CBT I've done it before and i felt excellent like a burden for so many years had been taking off my shoulders.... This was years ago and I've forgotten some important skills x

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

7/11 breathing helps me with panic attack. In for 7 & out for 11 or basically the out breath longer than in breath. I do know how you are feeling & it is horrid. We do have to think when we have them that it won't last for ever. I even say when I have one " ok then come on & do your worst " & that has helped too. I also sometimes run on the spot or throw my arms around in fact anything to use up some of the adrenaline. It feels like the worst thing to do but excess adrenaline if it can be used for something disperses more quickly.

Thank you Autumn

I'll be doing that right now and listening to some relaxation music thank you ... If i didn't have this "out my body feeling" I'd jump on my bike and pedal away.. I've been cycling for 5 months now and feel all the better for it

This has been building up and building up since my thread on HA that's the trigger.

Listen thank you very much both of you for the support this website is a godsend and whoever made this is an Angel.

Petesy. :bighug1: