PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I'm new

davidthegnome
02-02-07, 01:11
Hi folks. Well, I just registered. My name is David (kind obvious eh?) and I have been suffering with panic attacks and anxiety for about two or three months. Have had other episodes in the past too. I'm here for what I imagine most of you are, to learn more about anxiety and panic, to share my experiences and hopefully to both give and receive support. I've been reading for a while kind of debating whether or not to register. The support, patience, caring and kindness I've seen here decided me. I'm from freezing Northern Maine. Generally I like reading, writing.... watching movies and not having panic attacks. Well, I won't talk too much about myself. Just want to say hi and stuff.

Good fortune and God Bless you all

David

Cobweb
02-02-07, 02:18
Hi David,

Just wanted to say welcome. Hope you are ok. Good to hear from you.

Cobweb

manmoor
02-02-07, 08:01
Hi David,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

nomorepanic
02-02-07, 11:48
Hi David

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

trac67
02-02-07, 11:51
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

yorkylover
02-02-07, 13:28
Hi David welcome to no panic.There is lots of support and advise here.;)

Ellen XX

ceecee
02-02-07, 13:45
hi david
welcome to the forum
take care
rach x

Anxious Ange
02-02-07, 13:59
Hi Everyone,

I am new here as well! Just decided that I am sick and tired of going through this all on my own and really need some support from like minded souls!

I started suffering with panic attacks about 4 years ago and although they are under control with cipralex, I seem to have a constant feeling of heightened anxiety and it really does rule my life. I have a 1 year old daughter and so I have to be 'ok' for her. I just wondered if anyone else suffered this constant feeling of anxiety and hypersensitivity to any feelings that I have ie if I feel a bit hot I think that I am about to collapse etc!!! Every evening I am getting this 'dizziness' feeling where I feel wobbly on my feet! This has been going on for months and there doesn't seem to be anything that I can do about it!

Anyway, I have rambled enough, nice to meet you all and thanks for listening!

Ange

weepinky
02-02-07, 14:05
Hi David and Ange too! and a big warm welcome to nmp, I'm sure you will find this site most supportive and helpful and your right everyone is very friendly!

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

davidthegnome
02-02-07, 14:20
Ange,

What you're going through is normal, many of us, myself included deal with that same anxiety. It's often a thing of over-analyzing feelings and thoughts we have. I constantly check in to see how I feel and tend to second guess many of my thoughts and feelings. I have worried about certain symptoms too, like wobbly legs. I've even had them at times.

It's good that you have a medication to help you manage this. I take a couple myself. Just please remember that this anxiety and the panic attacks cannot hurt you. I know it can feel scary, frustrating, depressing, overwhelming and all sorts of things. Ultimately though, panic attacks and anxiety can't hurt you. They can make life unpleasant though.

Remember too, that all anxiety and panic passes in time. None of this stuff will last forever, it can't. The mind is ever-evolving and the anxiety you feel today or any other today will pass in time.

Good luck to you and God Bless you,

David

manmoor
02-02-07, 15:11
Hi Ange,

A big warm welcome to you too.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

honeybee3939
02-02-07, 18:53
Hi David

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

jrussell
03-03-07, 15:03
Hi David,

Just read your message and was interesed to read that you are from Maine! I have very fond memories of Maine as I worked in a summer camp in a little place called Freedom in Maine, about 20yrs ago now, but what a lovely place and fabulous people.

Have you heard of Freedom or do you know it?

Glad I read your post, has brought back some wonderful memories!

Hope you are coping with your panic and finding ways to move forward with it.

Best wishes

Julie

crystalrainbow
03-03-07, 15:27
Hi David

:welcome:

I am also new here this week, and like you I spent hours here reading all the info before deciding to join!

Lovely to meet you!

Sue

Wendie j
03-03-07, 16:42
Hi David

a huge welcome:hugs: im also new to the boards and have found it a great support everybody here is lovely.

Wendie j x

matty
03-03-07, 17:45
welcome hope u get wot u need from this site

IzzyB
03-03-07, 21:35
Hallo David, welcome!
What time is it in the USA at the mo?
It seems that although you've only been a member a wee while, you've already shared some very helpful advice.
I hope that we too can give you help and support as and when you need it

Izzy xx

skylight2007
04-03-07, 12:37
hi David, you'll get loads of support here!!! welcome. I havent been here too long and its just great!! skylight

wobily_lin
05-03-07, 18:50
Elo David,
Welcome to the site..great support n advice here..n games as ye have found out lol...glad to have ya on board x

Pink Princess
06-03-07, 00:06
hey david, welcome hope you are well. take kare x x x speak soon xxxx