PDA

View Full Version : Got normal MRI results

megs18
10-07-15, 16:54
Hi everyone, I'm a 20 year old female and I just got my MRI results back and they are "normal." That's all the nurse told me: "normal."

You all can go to my profile and read about all the symptoms I've been having for months that convinced me I had a brain tumor or MS or something terribly wrong in my brain-- numbness on one side, fatigue, weakness in limbs, eye floaters, blurry vision, headaches, feeling more clumsy than usual, pins and needles, different sized pupils, constant nausea for days at a time, weight loss-- you name it, I had it.

Doctors all told me it was probably anxiety, but I didn't buy it because how could all these very real and scary physical symptoms be anxiety? I'm honestly still having trouble believing it's anxiety. A couple months ago I was laying in bed watching TV and all of a sudden I have muscle twitches all over my body, increased heart rate, couldn't breathe. I went to sleep and the next day I still felt "off." Cue months of horrible symptoms, Googling, self-diagnosing, lots of doctors visits, and crying. A doctor finally referred me to a neurologist, she ordered an MRI (which terrified me...why does she think I need an MRI?!).

The MRI itself was terrifying to me, mostly because I was thinking about the results.

Anyways, I just wanted to give you all reassurance that you can have crazy and very real physical symptoms that Google tells you has to be a tumor (or any number of incurable ailments) and the MRI comes back clean. Now, off to find a therapist!

Marietta08
09-08-15, 22:15
Hi Megs, thanks for your post. I'm glad your MRI was normal. :) I have worried about cancer for years and now often focus on my eyes but have been getting some numbness mostly on one side on and off for a couple of months, so have now started to worry about MS! It started when I got up after sitting on the computer chair though and I tend to lean on one side and put more pressure on my right leg, I think. I've made a doctors' appointment but still anxious while waiting.

I feel like I've had so many weird symptoms over the years! I just had my eyes tested after only 8 months because I was getting some double vision while in a particular position looking at a telephone wire out the window. My eyes were alright and the optician said it could be physiological diplopia, just a natural thing that happens sometimes, which is exactly what the optician said on the Spescsavers website (you can ask a question). I've noticed that it's improved lately, my eyes have been better.

A couple of years or so ago my hands would tingle when I was in bed and I would twitch a bit when I was falling asleep but those symptoms just went away by themselves. Also I got this weird thing where my right leg would feel hot (just the right) especially around the back of the knee. I think it was a few years ago now. That went away.

I didn't intend to write such a long post but it's good to talk about it! Thanks again for yours and good luck with finding a therapist. :)