PDA

View Full Version : Quick help so scared :(

MissSunshine
10-07-15, 23:31
I've been doing so well with my health anxiety lately but just now as I was getting into bed I laid down on my shoulder and had this very sharp stabbing pain in my left side of my chest it hurt my back too as I breathed in,
I was so scared but it went after changing position but now I'm scared to lay down again :(

Any idea what it could be I do suffer with ibs and acid reflux
What do I do when I get chest pain any positions or tricks to relieve the pain I just didn't know what to do and scared it will come back again!
:(

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

I think it may be muscular pain, how do I relieve the pain while it hits I just starts to panic until it went away! :(

Carnation
10-07-15, 23:40
Miss Sunshine, as you already suffer with acid reflux, it will more than likely be that.
As you know acid reflux can cause uncomfortable internal feelings and sharp pain.
I would recommend trying some gentle yoga exercises before you go to bed.
Look on the internet for guidance as there a number of exercises that help acid reflux. I do them regularly and they definitely helped me. :)

MissSunshine
10-07-15, 23:53
Thank you so much it's a horrible pain and all worry a enter my head! I will do some research :)

Carnation
11-07-15, 00:10
Health Anxiety is a nightmare! I had it bad too.
You have to replace a negative thought with a positive thought.
So, if you get a pain in your chest or shoulder, don't think; 'it's a heart attack, think; acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion. Believe me, it helps a lot. :)

MissSunshine
11-07-15, 01:16
That's such a good idea. I will try to remember to do that in the future, it seems as tho you have had cbt? I can't get it where I live as there's always a large waiting list! I get turnt away!

Carnation
11-07-15, 01:23
Yes MissSunshine. I used some CBT methods. But there a lot of useful tips on here. :) Diverting the Mind on to something else also helps. So, if you have a pain or feel panicky. Do the opposite of what would be natural. Like Panicking or thinking the worst. Completely ignore it and do a task; anything. Brush it away like a bug.