PDA

View Full Version : Tired, Heavy Legs

brainiac
11-07-15, 10:51
Hi guys,

Bit afraid of this one and PAD lately. So, if I walk even about 10,000 steps in a day, my legs will feel fairly heavy and tired by the end of the day. This can last for a while then with slightly achy legs. I would call none of it pain, just mild aches but it has me worried a bit. Does anyone else experience this? Is it normal enough to have tired muscle's in the legs?

Frenchy
11-07-15, 12:20
Yes, tired legs is a completely normal thing. Whether 10,000 steps is enough to give you a few aches or not depends on a wide variety of factors... your age, diet, weight, general fitness level - even posture and footwear... the list (of perfectly normal reasons) goes on....

Are you using a fitness tracker/pedometer? Is 10,000 steps a target you have recently set for yourself?

10,000 steps is pretty good if you are reaching that consistently I wouldn't be surprised if your legs were a bit tired at the end of the day. And I don't know for sure, but I reckon that is probably above average for most people in the era of office jobs and cars.