PDA

View Full Version : Fall in shower 2wks after gall bladder removal

kirstymc
11-07-15, 12:09
Hi,

As I've mentioned before, I had my gall bladder removed via keyhole surgery two weeks ago. I was discharged from the clinic this morning, but still have dissolvable stitches.

When I got back from the clinic I got into the shower and I slipped, grabbed the shower rail on the way down and sort of fell over the side of the bath, the edge of the bath hitting my abdomen.

Is this dangerous because it's so soon after surgery? I'm paranoid about internal bleeding or something :unsure: It's a bit sore on my right hand side near my stitches, but I don't know whether this is just shock or the normal pain of jarring your side against something.

What should I do? Do you think I should go the walk in centre or something? I'm supposed to be going out soon for a friend's birthday, I don't want to ruin the day.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

I know I shouldn't ask for symptoms. But how long after do you think I'd start to feel unwell if something serious was wrong? It happened about an hour ago. I just don't want to go out with my friends and then fall ill!

I have a dull pain in my right hand side, near my incisions. I feel a bit shaky and nauseous but I don't know if that's the shock/anxiety. My knee hurts so I'm hoping that took most of the impact.

tmckenzie-orr
11-07-15, 12:48
lol oh dear its keyhole surgery ur be fine dont worry. If u start getting intense pain then go to the doctors otherwise im sure ur be fine

kirstymc
11-07-15, 13:23
Thank you :) I know written down it probably sounds insane, but my mind just races with the worst case scenarios!

tmckenzie-orr
11-07-15, 13:32
nothings insane when comes to health anxiety lol it makes u panic and go in rush mode and not think straight all u can think of is the worst like internal bleeding dieing etc but ur fine dont worry enjoy ur weekend xxxx