PDA

View Full Version : Crusty mole :(

MissSunshine
11-07-15, 16:19
I have a mole that's hidden under my hair on my sideburn and today noticed its flaky and crusty! My normal head is telling me it's dry skin or make up that hasn't been removed but I haven't looked at it in a while the colour of the flakes is pale but the mole its self isn't like the ones I've looked at online,

Il get it checked out next week but has anyone had a crusty mole and it be fine?

sputnikmoon
11-07-15, 16:28
Yea, after a sunburn - skin, including moles, starts to flake and shed the dead skin.

That's totally normal!

However, the prolonged damage, flaking, cell repair cycle of someone who burns their skin on a weekly basis over a period of years is what you need to watch out for - as that keep increasing the chance of genetic flaws and cellular damage...

MissSunshine
11-07-15, 19:54
Hi thanks for your comment!
I don't think it has ever had suburn tho as its hidden with my hair. I said side burn lol!

sputnikmoon
11-07-15, 20:13
Haha, totally misread that :p

Same applies though - moles still need to shed dead skin and will flake :)

I've had moles that have gone crusty and flaked before, with and without sunburn, and they've never done anything sinister.

cattia
11-07-15, 21:25
I had one of these recently on my back. I absolutely freaked out and was practically planning my funeral because it looked really really horrible. I rushed to the Dr, wasting NHS resources as usual with an emergency appointment, only to be told it was just a normal mole with some dermatitis, nothing at all to worry about.