PDA

View Full Version : Benzo for flying

mrsjoseph123
11-07-15, 19:15
Hi my NMP family,

I am flying to Majorca in approx 3 weeks and I am freaking out! I have flown a few times before and panic attacks have been so awful on the plane. But I do not want to deny myself overseas travel so I will always strive to do my best. This time however, I cannot stand the discomfort of the fly due to anxiety and panic and the overwhelming urge to get off! Has any one had any experience with taking Benzodiazepines for flying? I have heard that valium and xanax can work wonders so I just want some feedback. I currently take Seroxat and Propranolol (as and when needed) however I just want to take the edge off the anxiety. I have a Drs app this week so will discuss with my GP too.

Any experiences would be helpful. Thank you!

dally
11-07-15, 21:46
Hi
My son is prescribed 10mg Valium for flying.
He also drinks a couple of pints n the departure lounge (which you shouldn't do)
And this message sbejough to calm him through his flight.

Justanutter
11-07-15, 22:19
Hi Mrs J...yes, nervous flyer here...can't do it without Valium! Get dr to give you some and it definitely works.

mrsjoseph123
11-07-15, 22:53
Thanks so much for your response, what are the side effects/after effects? Anything like a hangover or groggy? I don't mind at all as it is much better than being a panicking wreck lol..just curious x