PDA

View Full Version : attack your fear ??

eddie d
02-02-07, 13:47
i always seem to hear people say "do what you fear "
i have been doing this for 5 years now, ie going on planes gripped with fear ,going to the shop spinning out ,pushing through work hiding in corners .going upstairs when visitors come round .
i have now got to the, cant go out stage again ,i know i will (wifes birthday have to go out for dinner ,nightymare )
does the feel the fear do it anyway work .>?

ceecee
02-02-07, 13:53
hi eddie
i really don,t have the answer to that question!
but i guess we must, as we still do go out to work, shopping,nights out etc,so although we hate it when we feel like this we still do these things(even if its just because we have to!!!!!!!)
enjoy your night out
take care
rach x

loopyangel
05-02-07, 12:00
i did the face the fear thing for yrs
took me months to get to the bus stop
an then to the shops
but i did it in the end
they wernt my biggest fears tho an i do still have major probs facing them
i often think why do i bother putting my self threw all the anxiety an shear fright
often i dont bother an sit in pretending im ill when im not or that ive made other arrangements wen i dont

but

when i have gone threw with getting on that plane or eating in that resturant im been happy an proud of myself afterwards just wish i cud bottle that feeling so i could remember it befor the event that petrifying me

did all that make sence im on a bit of a sence less day to day as i have to book a holiday one where u get on a plane so the fear is in the pit of my stomach at the min but im going to do it because i know when i get there ile be ok

good luck