PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Understanding

amanuel
12-07-15, 17:00
Recently my panic attacks have been triggered by the slightest thing and I end up freaking out, especially in public places or on public transport. I have diazepam to calm me down, but recently the cit has made me go a bit loopy and I've had trouble sleeping and been suffering tension headaches. The problem I have is that my boyfriend can't seem to understand my anxiety. If we're in public and I start to feel myself panic, he'll get angry and start shouting at me to stop, which makes it worse. We'll be in a social situation where I feel I need to remove myself and I'll tell him and he'll react in the same way. He constantly gets annoyed with me when I can't do things and no matter how many times I tell him I'm trying may hardest, he won't accept it.

Any advice on how I can solve this??

MidnightCalm
12-07-15, 20:55
You really need to let him know how it's not benefiting you for him to act that way and let him know just how much your anxiety affects you, you could even show him some stuff online or the symptoms page on here so he could understand just how bad it is.