PDA

View Full Version : C-Reactive Protein, Inflammation

its1111
12-07-15, 19:18
Hi there,

I've posted in the past regarding general aches and pains I have been having the past few months. For some reason, it seems to be mainly on the right side of my body- my right knee, back, shoulder- and currently the front of my neck is aching horribly. I'm a bit concerned, seeing as the pain is right along the carotid artery- My pulse is very strong along the front of my neck and collarbone, and it almost feels like a pulsating sensation and it is very painful.

I have had some blood work done and the only thing that came back was my C-Reactive Protein was slightly high...meaning inflammation in the body. I can see how this may cause some aches and pains, but I am wondering where this inflammation could be coming from? He ran minimal arthritis tests and those came back negative. CBC was fine, etc. His next step is allergy testing.

Has anyone else had a higher CRP count, or had this neck ache? I was hoping it was musculature, but it comes and goes every few days..

I appreciate any insight. My health anxiety is through the roof right now, mainly because I have been feeling so bad lately. Thank you.

wnsos
12-07-15, 20:14
I had both last year, it really scared me, especially after I googled so try not to! If I remember correctly, it ended up being a cold caused by my anxiety. It can be a host of really minor things xx

Rennie1989
12-07-15, 20:53
It's worth remembering that anxiety causes tension and if you're tense for a long time you start to get muscle ache, which is a normal reaction from anxiety.

its1111
12-07-15, 20:56
Thanks for your replies :) Yes, I am trying to remind myself of that. Typically muscle tension wouldn't bother or worry me, but because it is so near that large artery and I feel a pulsing sensation, my HA kicks into overdrive...vicious cycle. Can't tell if it's the muscle or the artery, and it is quite painful. I guess we'll wait and see how it is in a few days. Just need to relax myself until then.

Rennie1989
12-07-15, 21:11
You'd be surprised how much muscular pain and aches can hurt. I thought I had a torn muscle in my back until I was removed from the environment that was causing me to be anxious, then it went in a day.

its1111
12-07-15, 21:52
I believe it...hopefully that will be the case for me as well. My rational mind tells me its just a muscle pain, but then there's always the "what ifs?" in the back of my head. Guess my anxiety is a bit high right now. I'd love to be able to relax and just not think about pain for a few days!