PDA

View Full Version : New here and really scared

distressed-guy
12-07-15, 21:49
Hi,

I'm glad I found this forum. I've struggled with HA for years, usually triggered by very stressful life events. I'm going through it again now. We just got some horrible news about an immediate family member and the past month has been over the top stress. As if this weren't bad enough I started having cramping pain in my left abdomen, lack of appetite, nausea, fatigue, and tingling under my jaws. I had these symptoms two years ago when I was diagnosed with gastritis. Cutting out alcohol, coffee and spicy foods helped then, along with taking meds.

I've cut all that out of my diet for the past week and the gnawing and nausea have subsided a bit. I haven't been eating as much as I normally do. No fatty foods or sweets. But what really has me scared is that I have noticeably started to lose weight. I can fit in clothing that was too small only a few weeks ago. And -- sorry for TMI -- my stool has been light brown for the past three days. Both of these things, along with the other symptoms, have set me in a complete terror that I have liver or pancreatic cancer. At times I am literally paralyzed by fear. I try to rationalize and tell myself that all these symptoms can be logically explained, and I will feel better for a bit, but then the next time a symptom hits I panic again.

How does one do it? How does one let go of the fear? I realize it is irrational but I can tell you that it is 100% real. Looking for any suggestions. Would also love to hear from others who have suffered with these same symptoms. Thank you!

Carnation
12-07-15, 22:20
Hi distressed-guy.

I am a sufferer of GAD, Panic Attacks, Depression and also HA, but the latter I have sort of got under control.
Well, it is much better than I was a year ago. :unsure:
What did I do.
Firstly, I got myself checked out for everything with blood tests at my local Docs.
When everything came back ok, I accepted that report.
Then, everything I felt, saw and experienced, I put down to Anxiety symptoms.
I then adapted an attitude of, 'I don't care anymore'.
I was so exhausted with checking, worrying, crying and so on. My attitude became angry with it, that I pushed it aside with a can't be bothered attitude.
I also turned negative thoughts in to positive thoughts, filled my time with so much to do that the bad thoughts became less and less.
I also remind myself how lucky I am as I have lost 3 of my friends to Cancer that were too young to die.
I make sure that I have ambitions and goals, change my routine; because that helps the Anxiety and get plenty of exercise to use up the adrenalin.
I take NO Meds. I use breathing techniques, yoga, meditation and good eating.
I can't say that it has gone completely, but I am 80% improved.
Reassurance from others on here helps too, because you are not alone. :)

distressed-guy
13-07-15, 19:07
Carnation, thank you so much for your reply. It sounds like you are really on the right track.

distressed-guy
19-07-15, 17:36
Anyone else have the same symptoms? If so how did you deal with them?

SadguyFL
22-07-15, 00:08
I'm currently experiencing similar symptoms. Abdominal pain, nausea, now I even think I feel it in my back. I have had IBS/GERD for years. My gastro doctor thinks I might have some gallbladder issues but says I should not worry about anything. Easy for him to say - so I've sought counseling for my anxiety. Starting soon. It's a very difficult path and just in these past days I've almost given up. Nobody really understands unless you have health anxiety.

hoppipolla
05-08-15, 05:56
I certainly wouldn't jump to cancer, but seeing the doctor is usually a good thing :)

I would say look at the natural health approach too in case it's dysbiosis or Candida or parasites or something.

I like Earth Clinic and Markus Rothkranz.

So yeah erm, honestly, cancer is bad but it is only one of many things that can cause digestive issues.

sial72
05-08-15, 09:12
I had the same symptoms, I was convinced I had cancer, had all the tests and it turned out I had HPylori, which is nothing dangerous, just has to be treated. There is a very simple test to know wether you have it.
It could also be from your anxiety, it is shocking how bad "nerves" are on the stomach.
I completely changed my diet and all my symptoms disapeared. No gluten, no dairy, no sugar xx