PDA

View Full Version : Aching ankles, calves, wrists and forearms

Princess23
13-07-15, 00:10
Have been a sufferer for years but for the last 10 weeks my ankles and wrists started to ache, my fingers were stiff and base of thumb joints and gradually over the weeks it has caused my calves and forearms to become so tight and to feel like I have shin splints.. I have done my research and have seen anxiety can cause this but has anyone out there had this.. I am awaiting blood test results.. I have sooooo many other anxiety symptoms, dizziness, tiredness beyond belief, trembling inside especially when waking or lying down, tingling, wet feeling on skin, have to wear mouth guard at night due to clenching teeth , numbness different areas on face and body , pain in left temple, jelly legs, weakness different parts of body, waking most mornings with nausea, the list goes on, but these pain fall joints etc are really bothering me.. Please let me know if you have also experienced it as feeling very alone as my partner and friends etc I think are getting a bit fed up of think I am imagine it!!! Thankyou for reading Lynn :noangel:

julieannboo
13-07-15, 14:00
Sorry to hear your plight.

At the moment I have got painful ankles, I think I have a foot condition, called planter fasciitis, waiting for footscan.

Anyway I also have pain wrist pain that comes and goes plus my back muscles, feel so much pain at the moment.

I had a stressful week last week.

Have you had any stress in your life lately?

Libra
13-07-15, 16:01
I have been having twinges of pain in right ankle, wrist and thumb joint for a few days too.Usually when lying down..I also get that jittery feeling lying down at times.

Princess23
13-07-15, 18:12
Thankyou for your replies, good to know your not alone

daisyflower
17-09-15, 19:11
Did you find out if it was just anxiety causing this? I'm feeling this way at the moment and am too scared to go the doctor (I have a phobia of medical tests) xx

mlemos89
12-10-15, 12:27
Yeah for three weeks now I feel as if my shins and my upper forearms have shin splints. It hurts and also happens when I'm laying in bed or waking up. Right away I associated this to bone cancer or something revolving around that. My wrists aslso hurt as well as my ankles from time to time.

mlemos89
14-10-15, 21:22
I've just has blood work as well, waiting on results. After rereading your posts it is crazy because before all of this shin, forearm, wrist pain started I had an MRI because constant pressure/pain in my left temple along with dizziness, lightheadedness, and fatigue. I've experienced DR, DP, and bodily sensations such as numbness/tingling, twitches. My main concern is all of these came and went and some things like the dizziness/lightheadedness and pressure are completely gone. But this pain in my legs and arms is pretty constant which is the most worrying. They are even sore when just laying in bed. To think I've never had anxiety like this up until January. So this is still all very new to me. And while it is comforting to see people with similar issues, it is also disheartening to hear some people experiencing it for years upon years

DeeBee27
04-12-15, 18:11
MLemos89 I can relate to what you say about the pain in your shins and forearm. I also have it in my calves, knees, wrists and ankles. My doctor Promised me (she used the P word) that I don't have anything sinister - IE Bone Cancer which is my fear related to this, and said it's a nerve issue - a neuropathic pain I'm feeling. I had blood tests before these symptoms and they came back clear, she double checked this week when I went back to confirm my leg pain. She's sending me for an XRay on my knee because she says she's sure I have a trapped nerve around my knee with wear and tear - (I'm 27).
Comforting to know that we're not alone, but also I just wish we were all symptom free and happy and healthy. Please let me know how you get on xx