PDA

View Full Version : do diabetes show in a blood test

imfineokay
13-07-15, 19:40
Ive had this sweet taste in my mouth occasionally and I just remembered that I had a full count blood test a couple of months ago. I first had this last year and just had it for a bit yesterday and the day before. So would the blood test have shown I had diabetes? I know no ones a doctor here but I figured its not something that you would have to be a doctor to know about.

Frankie123
13-07-15, 20:09
You can have a glucose blood test which we tell if you have diabetes but I don't think an fbc would.

Rennie1989
13-07-15, 22:08
Not unless that is what they were looking for. If you had a blood test for cause of anxiety I don't think diabetes comes under that. Symptoms of diabetes are having an unquenchable thirst, fatigue and weight loss. A basic urinalysis can pick up glucose in your urine, which a non-diabetic would have.

countrygirl
13-07-15, 22:39
A full blood count does not test for diabetes. As has been said you need a blood glucose test for that. You can get one of these at most pharmacies as they do the finger prick test there and then or ask your Dr for one.

worrywart29
14-07-15, 05:18
If you went to the doctor for a physical they usually do a fbc, metabolic panel test, thyroid, and glucose which is of course diabetes.

nomorepanic
14-07-15, 11:46
If you went to the doctor for a physical they usually do a fbc, metabolic panel test, thyroid, and glucose which is of course diabetes.

Not in the UK they don't.

You have to get a separate test for thyroid and diabetes