PDA

View Full Version : Familar feeling is here...guidance please guys

Munki
14-07-15, 14:56
Hi guys,

Hubby and I are off 'glamping' for 2 nights on Thursday which I am looking forward to. However, it seems that some greater force is pushing me. Hubby has a friend in Wales who is having a surprise 50th on Sunday so we're back home Sat for the night then off again on Sunday for the night.

I never used to get nervous about not knowing people but I really am. He's a popular surer guy and I'm concerned I won't really fit in. I'm so anxious.

What's hard is that people rarely offer me advice in reality as I come across as a supremely confident person. People are shocked when they hear of my anxieties. I'm a professional actress - that simply compounds it. Yet inside I'm dying. And I'm starting to feel that familiar feeling creep in.

I'm fine talking to people. That's not so much the issue though. I am nervous they'll be a certain 'type'. Hope I'm wrong. I'm more nervous about the anticipation over the next few days. That's what kills me.

Help :(

23tana
14-07-15, 16:37
Try playing the "animal game" Stick close to hubby while you observe people, then if you feel you don't fit in, imagine what animal you think would suit each person's character. There's always a hyena who laughs too loud and a lion who has to shout above the rest.

Munki
15-07-15, 18:03
Haha, thanks! That made me laugh.

It's just the thought of away for 2 days, back home then away again. Too much in one go!!!