PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic beats, worry, leads to legs feeling strange

beposative
14-07-15, 18:25
Hi there so here is my story i have a yeast overgrowth in my stomach! and it has been causing me problems for three years! i developed this problem through caffeine and alcohol abuse and antibiotics! anyway i only recently had a test that found this stomach issue that causes a whole laundry list of symptoms so needless to say for the past three years i have been researching the internet trying to find out what was wrong with me! well through a recent huge amount of stress and worry and constant googling one day in the middle of a huge argument i guess enough was enough i had a surge of Adrenalin and my heart fluttered, the next day after a bad nights sleep it kept fluttering and has been doing so since the 22nd of june 2015 so a good few weeks! ok so i have been reading constantly about the heart palpitations and that has made me worry and therefore made them worse i guess! i have been to the doctors, hospital and called an ambulance they have done loads of tests and reassure me that my heart is fine and that they will go a few weeks after my high level of stress is reduced they have been seen on an ecg as ectopic beats and apparently they are harmless and absolutely nothing to worry about! ok well they are really annoying and its not that i think i am going to die its more of a quest to stop them, well with all day everyday dr google thats obviously not going to stop them! anyway from all the worry and a couple of very small panic attack style episodes where i lose contol, it has all left my legs feeling strange kind of like restless and weak and like i need to go for a walk its a horrible buzzy feeling and i guess my question is what is that feeling in the legs is it an aftermath of Adrenalin or cortisol from constant stress and worry? they seem to feel bad when i first start walking but get better once i have walked for ten minutes only to slowly return they feel awful and they cause further worry! any input on anything i have said will be greatly appreciated! especially what causes and keeps the ectopic beats going ? and what makes your legs feel this way after worry panic and stress ? thanks in advance joe

countrygirl
14-07-15, 20:10
I have had ectopics every day since I was 25 and I am now 54! They have been seen on numerous ecg's and been told my quite a few cardio's that ectopics are harmless but horrible. I was told only anxious people feel them but everyone has them at some time to some degree and they are classed as a normal variation of heart rhythm so ignored by Dr's.

when I was at my worse every 3rd beat was an ectopic. They will cause surge in adrenalin if you worry about them and this causes a cascade of further symptoms.

I used to find when they were bad if I mentally told them " to xxx away and leave me alone and I am not going to worry about you" then over a few days they would improve which just goes to show how much the mind controls the body!

beposative
14-07-15, 23:10
thanks countrygirl appreciate your reply! yes i am not going to let them bother me and i am not going to let them cause me anxiety anymore! as that makes them worse ie more Adrenalin! which makes you feel horribly drained.