PDA

View Full Version : Dry mouth

pb
15-07-15, 19:03
Been very stressed today and now my dry mouth is back. Even when the stress is over it lasts for weeks...

Crystalhiggs
15-07-15, 19:54
Ooh I've have had this for a couple of days! I'm drinking so much water...was wondering if it was my medication even though I've reduced it a lot and am almost off it! It is a common side effect but haven't had it up to now.

Hope you get some relief soon!

JustJoe25
15-07-15, 20:01
Dry mouth is very common with anxiety among other things like GERD. Sometimes it doesn't even matter how much water you drink. I constantly get a dry mouth and have for years now. They do sell a mouth wash for dry mouth that you can try.

julieannboo
15-07-15, 20:25
I get dry mouth when my anxiety is at an all time high.

tmckenzie-orr
15-07-15, 20:35
get some boiled sweets to suck it will help with the dry mouth :D

Leslie735
16-07-15, 17:09
My mouth has been getting dry a lot the last week or so. My anxiety is at an all time high right now so I think that is why. :(

ricardo
16-07-15, 20:26
One of the biggest draw backs of so many drugs is the side effect of a dry mouth which in turn reduces the saliva which in turn rots your gums and teeth over the years.

Fishmanpa
16-07-15, 20:26
Dry mouth

What you feel:

You find it hard to swallow because of a lack of saliva. Your tongue feels dry or sticky.

What causes this:

High stress biology reduces saliva in order to prepare the body for action. Sustained high stress biology produces a dry mouth.

Positive thoughts