PDA

View Full Version : It's back - and oh yes, because I am away from Saturday

mat74
16-07-15, 13:43
Hi all. Not posted for AGES. Some may recall I had to cancel two previous trips because od anxiety and panic, well, after that I swore NEVER to book anything again - except I did, and I am off to Scotland with a friend for 3 days on Saturday and guess what?....

Since last week, headaches, aching all over, feeling shivvery, cannot keep awake and wanting to sleep all the time, totally lethargic and no enthusiasm, dry mouth, no appetite ... you name it, I have it.

This time I have NO CHOICE though, I have to go, it is not loads of us but me and a friend and I have all the documents.

Looks like I could be in for a rough few days waiting to get home or maybe once there I could enjoy it?! I am on so many tablets now and alo just finished antibiotics for UTI.

Any help appreciated

sial72
16-07-15, 14:43
The anticipation is always the worst, at least for me.
If you go and once there say to yourself I am staying no matter what, even if you panic the body can only panic fir so long, then it will pass.
You are the same person here or there xxx

Oosh
16-07-15, 14:54
I've dread those sort of events a hundred times. The anticipation is gonna be difficult. A lot of those times I ended up enjoying myself in places and making significant breakthroughs in how I felt about them, the people there and me.

Feel the fear and do it anyway. You'll be glad you did.

mat74
17-07-15, 12:44
UPDATE:

Managed to see my GP who checked BP and pulse (absolutely perfect at 120/80) and said that as I have only felt like this in a build up to an event/holiday (as before) I already identified the cause. He gave me 2mg Diazepam and said to take them tonight before going to bed (up at 5am) and around an hour before I fly tomorrow.

I hope they work - never been on them before!

ricardo
17-07-15, 12:58
UPDATE:

Managed to see my GP who checked BP and pulse (absolutely perfect at 120/80) and said that as I have only felt like this in a build up to an event/holiday (as before) I already identified the cause. He gave me 2mg Diazepam and said to take them tonight before going to bed (up at 5am) and around an hour before I fly tomorrow.

I hope they work - never been on them before!

In brief, they are quick acting pills take about half an hour to relieve anxiety, 2mg is a very low dose but just enough to take the edge off things. Good luck and enjoy the flight.

mat74
17-07-15, 13:01
Thanks, I won't lie, I don't feel great but have to beat this head on from tomorrow otherwise it wins AGAIN. I know I cannot drink alcohol but I also hope I am not a zombie. I just want enough to get me through the next 3 days and enjoy myself