that will help me to calm down😢
always used to suffer from waking then feeling anxious and was a regular
poster on here....then it rarely happens anymore until this last week or so
I know it will pass and I will be fine just trying to keep my mind occupied
so apologies if it seems like I am just rambling on
Manda

MyNameIsTerry
17-07-15, 06:49
How about watching something like a guided visualisation with some calm music? There should be plenty of things like that on there.

Or some comedy by such as CH4 that get uploaded in full if thats helpful?

alice123
17-07-15, 09:59
I constantly get that. Once I'm up out of bed its better. I did wonder whether its something physiological to do with lying down, eg blood flow, but its probably because at that point in the morning theres nothing constructive to occupy our minds so the negativity of anxiety comes back with a vengeance.

Mart0310
17-07-15, 10:29
Its incredibly common, its thought to be caused by high cortisol levels on waking.

I found accepting it for what it is - uncomfortable but entirely harmless and carrying on regardless was the best way forward for me, eventually it settled. I also found that going to bed as relaxed as possible helped reduce morning anxiety, no idea why! :shrug:

mandshere2012
18-07-15, 00:10
Hi thanks for the replies:) really appreciate it xx

bekw89
18-07-15, 10:46
Hi i feel like i am seriously plugging for these guys today buy 'The Honest Guys Guided Meditation'(youtube it) they really help me, to clam down and to sleep.

Worth a try.

.Poppy.
18-07-15, 17:43
I find that watching a funny TV show on Netflix usually distracts me and makes me feel better.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, but as you know it will pass. I have been waking up anxious all week, sometimes waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning feeling anxious; no idea why.

23tana
18-07-15, 19:41
I've been waking up anxious too. It's horrid trying to overcome it and get your day started. I find I'm better as soon as I've had breakfast. Something to do with blood sugar levels maybe?