PDA

View Full Version : Worried about scoliosis

Peterthegreatworrier
17-07-15, 07:11
Hi. I have just gotten over one fear - by supplanting it with another. Yesterday, while I was at the physio for the ongoing treatment of a recent groin strain, the physiotherapist noted that I had some "scoliosis." He did not seem overly concerned and nor did I. But, just to be sure, I made the stupid, STUPID:doh:decision to consult the faithful Dr Google just to see if this is a common condition for teenagers (I am 18). Well, I found that the most common cause of scoliosis in adolescents is idiopathic, and requires little or no treatment. At first I was assured, but then i came across the line "pain is rare in idiopathic scoliosis" so I looked further and found, you guessed it - CANCER.
I must say that I don't get back pain constantly and that it only occurs if I lean to far back of forward for too long (also, the physio said I had poor posture - I guess this could have something to do with it).
I am not "convinced" it is any more than a benign curve, but I am a chronic hypochondriac and simply can't get the possibility out of my mind. :weep: